Friday, June 8, 2007

"Pleeeaase Open, Pleeeaase Open!"


Yeah, this was what I was saying in my mind and out loud as my children and I watched 5 base jumpers jump off the Perrine Bridge this morning. YIKES!. It scared me to death and the paranoid mom that I am I explained over and over that the jumpers were very well trained, had all the right equipment, and had practiced a lot. Reagan and Elise were tickled to watch them, and in the 12 years I have lived here this is the first time I have actually watched jumpers. Here is a little FYI, this is one of only three bridges in the US where this is legal, (I think it is three). Anyway just a little trivia about our city. I could never do it in a million years, my stomach leaped into my throat just watching them. I don't know how they take that first step off. WOW, very impressive. And I am so mad, I didn't have my camera, so this a picture of random jumpers, not one of the ones we saw today. Rachel would have had her camera, why can't I be more like Rachel? You can watch a video on You Tube of some base jumpers (click on base jumpers), it is pretty cool.

2 comments:

Jacque said...

That is on my list of something I want to do before I die. I would rather skydive and I will if I can, but base jumping comes close enough! Too cool!

Rachel Durazzani said...

Yes, Alicia, I find a lot of people asking the same question. But you're getting there - one day.

Loved this post. Jealous that you guys got to see that. I still haven't...maybe next time I'm home.