Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Canyon Rim Run/Walk

This morning, Paula and I went on a run/walk. We decided we would do the Shoshone Falls grade, meet up with the Canyon Rim Trail, jump off the trail onto t a dirt path connecting to the housing area of Meadow Ridge Lane. This was a great plan, but we were not sure which turn took us back to where the car was parked, so we guessed and we guessed wrong. We ended up going back out onto Falls Avenue, so we had to take that back to the Calvary church and back down the Shoshone Falls road to meet up with the car. It made a much longer morning run/walk than we had planned, but it was beautiful and a very good workout. Now that we know where we are going, we might make it a normal routine, but it was more than we both planned this morning. But alas, we got in our workout and it felt really good. It is gorgeous here.

4 comments:

paulak said...

It was a lot of fun and gorgeous, next time we'll run the whole thing. With the exception of a steep hill on the Canyon Rim, it was great for running. Way to go Alicia!

Ashlee said...

Your such an overachiever! You make the rest of us look bad. But kudos to you on the jog. I would never even have thought to attempt it.

Rachel Durazzani said...

I read this this morning, but didn't leave a comment. Sounds like a fun and interesting (wink, wink) job. How great that you and Paula go together. I love running the canyon rim. It is so pretty. Keep up the good work. Maybe next time I'm home we can all go together!

Amy said...

this is beautiful. I can think of worse places to get lost. I didn't realize you and Paula lived by each other. Hopefully one day I will love close to one of my siblings!!!