Friday, June 15, 2007
A Day in Carey
Yesterday, the kids and I went to visit Tyler's Grandma Barton
just for the afternoon. She lives in Carey which is about an hour away, so we jumped in the car, picked up my sister-in-law and took off. Mom Larsen was spending the week with her, so we thought we would completely destroy the tranquility by stopping in. Mission accomplished.
We had such a good time, the kids played outside on the swing set
, Tyler used to play on as a kid, they picked
strawberries,
went for a walk around the barn and corrals and had a wonderful Grandma cooked lunch of chicken, mashed potatoes, homemade rolls, homemade raspberry jam and lemon Jello. For dessert she made strawberry shortcake with fresh strawberries from her garden. Grandma Barton will be turning 92 this August and she still has so much energy, her flower garden is beautiful,
She works very hard on it. We looked at Grandma's photo albums and overall just spent a very enjoyable, relaxing day with two Grandmas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sounds so nice! How nice to have so many generations together too! And fresh strawberries to boot! I'm ready to go picking in Jerome. MMMM.......jam.
Fun! Looks like such a fun, fun day!!! And I love all the pictures - as always. And Alicia, you look great!
Cool day! I love all the pictures of your kids. And thanks for letting Reagan call me tonight...I love when he does that!
Great pictures, Alicia! I love the photography work you did with the flowers. I am glad you had fun.
Post a Comment