Friday, June 29, 2007

Idaho Digital Learning Academy

Well, I am finally back and have a few moments to add to my blog. I spent three very full days up in Nampa at Northwest Nazarene University for an Idaho Digital Learning Academy conference. It was very interesting and very overwhelming. The first day was pretty much introduction to the program and how to use Blackboard, not too bad and the information was relatively simple to digest. Monday evening we went to dinner with the social studies group to a Mexican restaurant in town. It was fun to relax and get to know my team a little more (these teachers are from all over the state of Idaho). Unfortunately, I was so anxious to get back to Mollie I had a hard time really enjoying it like I should have. I went and picked Mollie up at Rhett and Cassie's in Boise, met up with Tyler and then went back to the Hotel in Nampa. I was exhausted. The night went way too fast, as I had to leave at 7:30am for more training and this was intense. We finished that evening with a 5 year celebration dinner that was good, but once again went way too long as I wanted to get back to Mollie and Tyler. But again I was pretty warn out by the time I got to the hotel and the 3rd day began early again. We finished up at 3:00, so I headed into Boise to get Mollie from Rhett and Cassie's as Tyler had already headed back to Twin for work. Then I got to come home and see my kids, whom I had missed very, very, very much. It was a very good conference and a lot of new information to process, but I am very excited about it and can't wait to get my classes this fall.

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

So, what were the classes for? Are you going to teach again? Glad you had a good time! I understand about missing the kids when you're gone. I always think I need to "get away", but every time I am able to, all I can think about is how much I miss everyone. Silly, huh?

Rachel Durazzani said...

Sounds like a good conference but I know it was tough to be away from your kids. Are you excited to start your teaching now? When will you start?