Saturday, June 23, 2007

The Next Food Network Star


Tonight for our ward party some of us were asked to do cooking demos with food storage items to help give ideas. I decided to do blender pancakes, a family favorite (Thank-you Melanie for the recipe).
Blender Pancakes
1 cup whole wheat kernels

1 cup milk
Place 2 items on high speed in a blender for 5 minutes then add:
2 eggs
2 tsp. baking powder
2 TBS. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 TBS. oil
Blend on medium speed until well combined, cook on a griddle or fry pan.


Tyler was unable to attend as he had an appointment with the 18th hole at Canyon Springs Golf Course, very important, couldn't miss it. He took Reagan with him and I took the girls with me and asked Elise to be my little helper with the demo. I explained what we would be doing and gave her only one rule. "Don't pick your nose!" Thankfully she was very obedient. The demo started and I was set up on the left side of the stage with my table. I had my ingredients on the table, my blender and my griddle ready to go. I quickly realized I didn't have very much attention from the crowd as my little 3 year was stealing the show. She stood in the middle and would grab items from the table and describe them to the audience. At one point I looked over and she was demonstrating how to use measuring spoons. She also showed how to lick sugar from the bowl, (that was a fun one!). She took one of the pre-made pancakes and said, "And then you eat them!" and shoved it into her cute little mouth. Needless to say, Elise has zero inhibitions and loves to be the center of attention. Sorry I couldn't get any pictures as Tyler was not there and I was doing the demo. But here is one of her at the driving range today, Tyler took her out for a daddy daughter golf date today!

4 comments:

Jacque said...

Those are the best pancakes. Rachel made them one morning! Yum! Elise looks great out there in her stylin' sunglasses! Can't wait to see those kids soon.

Rachel Durazzani said...

Serious - could the girl BE any cuter? I doubt it. Love that she was entertaining the audience - watch out Rachael Ray and Paula Dean!

Ashlee said...

How awesome! She is a doll. I didn't make it to the church because we were doing the birthday thing, but I'm sure everyone made these pancakes this morning for breakfast. With Elise teaching them, they've probably got it memorized. And honestly Alicia, doesn't EVERYBODY lick out the sugar bowl?

Anonymous said...

Alicia
How funny I wish we could have been there. We were on the trails of the South Hills getting lost not so funny Ha Ha See you at play group Montay