Friday, February 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom


Today is my mom's birthday and so we wanted to spend some time together, but with 3 kids, going out and playing doesn't always work, so we spent the day baking and making dessert for a stake meeting my parents have tonight. Lots of fun, I love it. I had made her a birthday cake and Tyler brought lunch home from the Pita Pit (love that place), so we made it fun for her. We have never done cake with candles at lunch time, so that was kind of fun and the kids got a kick out of it. Unfortunately my dad had meetings that did not permit his attendance, so they will just have to eat more cake after their meetings tonight. Anyway, with that intro to our day, I had to show these pictures of my 2 gorgeous little girls who were so much fun while we were working in the kitchen. These two had a blast together and they are such a kick to watch. They ate Oreos together and made messes, they danced to Bella Dancerella together and Elise even wanted Mollie to wear her dance skirt, so it was pretty cute.

The last few days I have been the baking queen, and I have loved it. As most of you know, the kitchen is my haven, I love cooking and so when I get to make things to give away, I love it, the best of both worlds, I get to cook without having the guilt of eating it. YEAH! Along with the stuff Mom and I made today, yesterday I made granola, Butterscotch/Chocolate topped Rice Krispie Treats, and a 4 layer cream filled, ganache topped chocolate cake for my mom's birthday. Today we made Mint Ice Cream Mud Dessert and Rolls. For all these recipes, check out the Morgan Recipe Blog.

6 comments:

Ashlee said...

I'll take the Krispy treats and cake to go. :0)
Your girls are adorable in their little skirts. It's so fun to see Mollie keeping up with her big sister.
I love the Pita Pit too. So yummy there!
Happy Birthday Mommy Morgan!

Carol said...

Thanks Alicia for a very fun day and helping with my cooking assignment for tonight, actually, doing most of the work. I'll take credit, maybe I'll give you a little credit.

Becky said...

Wow - yummy stuff. I love to bake too, I will definitely try some of these recipes. Happy birthday Sister Morgan!!! Love to all. Becky

paulak said...

Wow, you are amazing. I was just happy to pull out a decent loaf of bread...at that was a busy day of baking. You are the queen of cooking and the kitchen is your domain. I miss your food. Send some my way:-) So, my kitchen aid broke while making bread...sucks huh!

Jacque said...

Oh my goodness those girls are sooo cute! I love the one with Mollie smiling in the little princess skirt. How about you send those kids to me for a weekend, huh? Mark and I really miss them!

Ben Hutchins said...

Yummy... we just might have to stop over some day when you are in one of those cooking moods :)

Ben