Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Puzzles

This morning while I was puttering around doing laundry, dishes, and other really exciting household tasks, (note the sarcasm) I went into the kids room and they were both on the floor putting together puzzles. I love this. I have always loved doing puzzles, Tyler really dislikes them, but it is one of those simple challenges with immediate gratification and sense of accomplishment, so to have my kids enjoy them makes me happy. Reagan has always loved puzzles but this is the first time I have seen Elise take the initiative on doing them. Anywho it makes me happy because most days when I am doing housework they watch a movie so having them do puzzles makes me feel like a better mom, I don't know why, but it does, so I will take it!

10 comments:

Carrie said...

That does somehow seem better than TV. I'm glad your kids like puzzles!

Rachel Durazzani said...

I love Elise's face in this picture.

Ashlee said...

You are a WICKED AWESOME mommy! Don't forget it!

Landon likes puzzles too. He has since he was three. So good for their little brains. But, I can't knock tv, Kenzee has been learning all of her colors from dear Dora the Explorer. :0)

Ashlee said...

OK, just went back and looked at the picture to check out Elise's face because of Rachel and not is her face adorable, but I'm truly impressed that this was morning and she is fully dressed with her hair done all cute. We don't get dressed until noon and hair only gets done if we are going somewhere. See? I told you you were wicked awesome!

Bonnie B. said...

I'm sure you're a great Mom without the puzzles, but isn't it great to have a day once in a while where things go well, and the TV was never involved? Way to go, Awesome Mom!

Jacque said...

Too cute! They are smart kids so of course they like the challenge of puzzles. Yeah for pictures of your kids!

Becky said...

Alicia - I too love puzzles. Wait until they are older and start helping you with 500 and 1000 piece puzzles. That is really fun. My kids got a bunch for Christmas and so when we get a spare minute we add to the current puzzle. Fun family togetherness. Love, Becky

Carol said...

Love the puzzles and the kids.

Amy said...

Alicia- I am not a puzzle fan but my kids LOVE them adn I love when they do them. Your kids are so cute.

paulak said...

Cute! They are brainy like you, and some of those puzzles take brains to do. Can you tell, I don't do puzzles very often. hee hee.