Monday, January 14, 2008
The kid loves Basketball
Reagan went to the first day of basketball camp at the high school and loved it. They spent about 2 hours with the boys' team learning some basic skills and playing a few games, giving each kid a ball of their own. Next week they will do the same and then next Tuesday they will perform at half time at the girls' varsity game. Reagan is pretty excited about it all, but the excitement has taken on a life of its own. The kid has become obsessed. He has played some soccer, he has done golf camp and golfs with Tyler a lot and he has fun and enjoys it, but I have never seen this type of obsession with him. He sleeps with his ball, he took it to school today for show and tell, and wanted to take his basketball shorts, shirt and shoes as well. I let him wear the shoes, but I figured that would be good.
Coach Harr told the kids to practice dribbling, get the ball dirty and if they wore the ball out enough they would find the secret word hidden under the top layer of the ball. That did it, he wakes up wanting to dribble, it is the first thing he does when he gets home from school and he has taken it over to both Grandma's houses to dribble. While Mollie is napping, he bundles up and goes to the garage to practice, (it's a bit too noisy on the Kitchen floor during nap time). Anyway, Tyler and I couldn't be more pleased, the coach in me and the player in him seem to make an obsessed child. Can't wait to see more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hello Alicia - good to hear from you!!! I love the blogging thing. I'm trying to get my whole family involved, so far only Amy and Ben do it. Baby steps. I'm going to pass this on to Ben though - he will love to visit your site. You can visit his blog from mine if you want. Stay in touch, okay??? Love, Becky
So glad to hear he had fun! Like I said before, Landon had to miss out on it, but he's enjoying basketball nonetheless. Although I think Reagan needs to come over and light a fire under my son. :0) He hasn't picked up a ball since Saturday.
Don't tell me it is basketball OVER soccer. Both would be great but I hope he doesn't give up soccer! That would break Uncle EJ and my hearts! Just kidding. I am so excited for him. Sounds like he is a natural!
That ROCKS! I am so excited to hear that. But if the product of two parents makes a child have obsessions, Kya is in trouble. Unless Carl's hunting and my distaste for it counter each other out and she will be indifferent. Ok, so back to Reagan. He's a stud. I am impressed with all the activities you are getting him involved in, that is awesome.
Way to go Reagan! I can't wait to watch him play. He'll make a lot of people in both families very proud!
I agree it is a fun camp however I keep hearing "Coach Harv said so" I tell you he knows how to get a little kid excited about something Cole and Rhett are very excited for this Saturday and the BIG GAME!!!
Alicia! Hey... thanks for the note on my family blog. I was a little confused by your blog URL. Where does tarem come from? Your family is beautiful and growing! I have linked to your blog so that I can visit from time to time. Thank you for sharing.
Ben
Post a Comment