Thursday, February 7, 2008

Tune Tag

I was tagged by Ashlee to pick my favorite songs, here was the assignment:

The rules of this tag are simple...pick 5 songs from your Music Collection. Whether its' from your iTunes, CDs, online, whatever...the music you listen to. And then explain WHY. Why you love it. Post your picks and tag a few people of your own. Simple right?

And here are my picks:

(You Want to) Make a Memory: When I first heard this song, it made me fall in love with Jon Bon Jovi all over again, I am a product of the 80's and although this is one of his latest songs, how could I not include Bon Jovi.

Ice Cream: Has anyone ever seen the movie Bed of Roses with Christian Bale and Mary Stuart Masterson. Corny, sappy, predictable chick flick that I really like and Sarah McLachlan just has the coolest voice.

When She Dances OK, I'll be real blunt I love this song because it is SEXY, yes, you read that right, it is just plain sexy, and as you all know I am a huge Josh Groban fan!wow!

Hollaback Girl: Gwen Stefani's Hollaback Girl is my favorite running song, when I'm out running and feeling ready to be done, this song kicks it up another notch and I feel like I could run forever, maybe it's because if I run forever I could have legs like Gwen. (I'll keep dreaming) (And I have to mention I have only heard the edited version so if you are shocked by this choice, sorry! and the video is the Super Clean one!)

When We Dance: Again another romantic song, but what can I say, I'm, a hopeless romantic and Sting is my all time favorite musician.

As you can see I like the sappy love songs, and that was really tough to stick with 5, thanks Ashlee and now I tag:
Rachel
Carrie
Paula
Becky
Have fun you guys!

5 comments:

Bonnie B. said...

Loved your picks! This is a really fun tag. It's reminding me of alot of music I had forgotten about.

Ashlee said...

THanks for playing! I love all of those songs as well. And honestly, there's nothing wrong with sappy love songs. Some of my best memories are tied to them :0)

Unfortunately I was unaware that the radio version of Hollaback Girl was edited..so I purchased the CD and got the REAL version! Holy cow, was I surprised! Especially as I listened to it with my 4 year old neice. Yikes!

Becky said...

Thanks for the tag, I'll get working on it. I'm glad you liked my "Poo in my Shoe" story - I thought it was a classic. By the way, I would love to share with you my cinn. roll recipe. Do I have your email address? Mine is beckyorton@yahoo.com. Email me and I'll send it to you. Love, Becky

paulak said...

That's a great tag. I will get on that, but it may not be until next week. I have a post in mind for this weekend that is important. But I will do it, seems like a really fun one. I love music.

Carol said...

You are all crazy, love the choices. I would have to go back many years and I can't remember, so it wouldn't be good for me to be tagged. Also, I don't have a blog.