Saturday, February 9, 2008

Girls, Girly, Girly

Does this bring back memories, Morgan girls or what? I had to post this. Here is a little background. I grew up with 5 sisters and every Saturday night for many many years, my mom would bathe us and then one girl at a time put rollers in our hair. It was just the way it was, so every Sunday the 6 Morgan girls went to church with curly locks, aaahh adorable. I think we did this until I was about 10 or so, I can't remember, but I do remember the rollers. So today I was at Target and decided it was time to continue the tradition, so here Elise gets to wear sponge rollers in her hair, I love it and she thought it was pretty cool too. Remember this part too, trying to sleep on them oh so carefully. Then the next morning one or two was hanging by a thread. Aah, the memories!

12 comments:

Montay said...

Howlie Mowlie I so remember the rollers. I however also remember that at our house if you were not the first girl out of the tub then were most likely to get the rollers that were not the pink soft oh so nice ones but you got the ones that had the bristle brush thing in it and the pins to hold it in!!! O-U-C-H there was no sleeping on those babies you had to do a face plant in the pillow and hope you did not die before morning I will have to see if my mom still has some of the Bristle ones just to show you. Oh the torture!!

I do have to say however that you are a good mom if you are not only putting Elise's air up tonight but I am asuming that means that you are going to take the kids and sit thru the entire Ward confrence Sacrament thing for like 2 hours you are way bettter than me I will see you for the last hour and lets hope I have enough ambition to do Maggies hair and she does not just pull it out as soon as I get it in...

Bonnie B. said...

I remember the pink rollers, too. I have bought both the pink rollers and the bristly velcro type rollers for my girls. They don't sleep so carefully, so the curler thing doesn't work for us. Post an "after pic" so we can see how cute she looks with her curly hair!

Carrie said...

Karyna loves when I put her hair in rollers. I want to see the finished hair!!!

Rachel Durazzani said...

I'm with Carrie...we need to see pictures of the final look. She looks adorable in the rollers and it did bring back a lot of (painful) memories...I hated getting my hair done...which is why I have short hair now. Luckily my daughter has a much tougher head.

Ashlee said...

I remember the pink curlers! We did the Saturday night thing too! I honestly can't wait for Mackenzee's hair to get thick enough and long enough so that I can pass this tradition along to her. Can't wait to see the after picture!

Alicia said...

I wanted to get a picture before church but we were rushing out the door, and after church, she was being ornery and wouldn't let me take a picture. Alas, I will try to remember an after picture next week. Sorry!

Carol said...

She does look cute and it does bring back many memories, some good and some not so good. I do know some of you were OK and some of you hated the bath and hair experience. Oh well, it is your turn.

Montay said...

I did get to see her today at church and she was Oh My Heck So Cute !!!

Becky said...

Okay, I was laughing so hard because I too was the product of growing up in a home where the Saturday night ritual happened. I must say though that I had those hard rollers with the bobby pins too. OUCH! I was SO glad to be done with those. I have occasionally done it to Stevie but Kayla thankfully never had to suffer through it because she has naturally curly hair. Oh the price of beauty!!

paulak said...

I remember, I think I was one that thoroughly enjoyed that experience. Elise, you have a little of your aunt Paula in you. That was a great post. Yes, Alicia, you may add my adoption blog onto your blog. Thanks!

Ben Hutchins said...

Ok - - - wait a minute Becky. There might have been a few times whenyou donned the old rollers but come on - lets be honest here - you were a pony tail and french braids (sp?) kind of girl. It was all about keeping the hair out of your face. You know... so as not to have any sort of disadvantage when you played against all the boys :)

Alicia said...

That's the way I remember it, but I didn't meet you until high school, days.