I am trying to figure out how I am ever going to lose the last 10 pounds if I continue to spend every waking moment in the kitchen. Don't get me wrong, I love baking and I will do it for anything, but yikes! Quick run down on this last week of kitchen time:
I didn't a picture of my crepes, oops, so these are someone else's, thanks google images
I didn't a picture of my crepes, oops, so these are someone else's, thanks google images Monday, prepped for enrichment activity crepe class on Tuesday. I made about 3 dozen crepes, so not too many, but I had 2 different fillings for them, the first was chicken salad, and then the 2nd was Vanilla pudding with Raspberry Sauce. I also brought different toppings such as vanilla infused sugar, cinnamon sugar and Nutella. Yum! Tuesday, I filled the crepes and did the rest of the prep work. The class was a lot of fun and a huge shout out to Suzanne for the use of her home and kitchen. Reagan's class valentine's party was today and I had volunteered to make treats. Last week I made mini cream filled chocolate cupcakes for Girls Night Out, so I held out about 30 of those to take for Reagan's class.
These were so cute and so much fun to make. I love mini muffin pans.
I took them out of the freezer and made more frosting to top them with and while in this process Reagan informs me he wants Heart shaped cookies with red frosting.
Notice we went with pink frosting and red sprinkles, it was easier.
How could I turn that down, he was so specific. So we made those today as well. Here is the ironic part of this story, he has a nasty cold, so I did not send him to school. He missed the party, but was a not too sad since my friend Jeanette brought his bag of cards and treats to him after school.Now the last thing on my docket is a birthday cake for this Saturday, but remember Valentine's Day is tomorrow so I guess I will have to double my workouts at the gym for a while. Oh well the price of fun!
6 comments:
Oh me oh my I wish I had a mini you at my house I love to see what you have made and taste it all!! I loved the crepe class and I will be trying it out on valentines morning, if I get up the ummfff to get out of bed " Cole has no school" you always have the yummiest treats and things. Way to go SU PER ALICIA!!!!! { you can picture yourself in an apron cape at this point}
I understand the frustration...the LOVE for baking, but the BATTLE of the bulge. Sigh. I would bake EVERY day if I knew it would get eaten by somebody other than me. When I was the asst. mgr. at Fawnbrook I used to make oodles of treats and give them to my residents. :0) Now...it just goes straight to my hips!
Those cupcakes were SO super yummy though. And such a good mommy to make cookies on top of that. I'm sure your sons class was in heaven. :0)
Man, I totally forgot to try one of those yummy cupcakes last week!!!! I wish I enjoyed cooking as much as you and Ashlee. Maybe if I could cook, I would enjoy it more. I think I was meant to be a lady of leisure......
Those cupcakes look so yummy - do you have a recipe for those? I would love it.
Yum! I want some! You are so great and your kids are so lucky. Will you make some treats for my daughter, too? She may miss out otherwise!
You are awesome! What a fun mom, to bake and make goodies. Carl and Kya are lucky if I bake for at least the holidays. I bet it all tasted yummy too.
Post a Comment