So I took Reagan to his new school this afternoon to register him. He was pretty excited by the whole idea of going to school, he was a little disappointed that he was only getting to "sign up" for school. He did awesome on the Kindergarten pre-assessment test, (despite the dorky, personality lacking counselor with bad teeth, uncombed hair and thick glasses giving the test), but I digress, not important, why would I want someone with enthusiasm and a knowledge of how to talk to children and get them excited about kindergarten to be the first person he met at his new school. I realize I may be asking too much. Any-who, he will be starting this Fall and although he is excited I am having a very hard time with letting him go, I cried the whole time and cried at mom's when I went to pick up the girls. I am such a baby!
Tuesday, May 8, 2007
RDL School Registration
So I took Reagan to his new school this afternoon to register him. He was pretty excited by the whole idea of going to school, he was a little disappointed that he was only getting to "sign up" for school. He did awesome on the Kindergarten pre-assessment test, (despite the dorky, personality lacking counselor with bad teeth, uncombed hair and thick glasses giving the test), but I digress, not important, why would I want someone with enthusiasm and a knowledge of how to talk to children and get them excited about kindergarten to be the first person he met at his new school. I realize I may be asking too much. Any-who, he will be starting this Fall and although he is excited I am having a very hard time with letting him go, I cried the whole time and cried at mom's when I went to pick up the girls. I am such a baby!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
You're not a baby, Alicia. I don't blame you. It must be a little scary. I'm excited for Reagan though.
Just be grateful you don't have to send him to a BIG, HUGE school where people only speak French and they try to serve you yucky soup and your Mom forgets to pick you when she said she would. That could be bad.
Ouch! I remember that!
Oh Alicia, school can be such a wonderful thing! But I admit, even as much as I love the kids in school, I cry on their first day.
Well, I can empathize. When my freshmen go to school their first day...I can't even think about it I am getting so choked up! Just teasing. I love when my "house" is empty during the day. 75 freshmen boys on campus all day? Heaven! But I am sorry it was so hard for you, Alicia. I would miss Reagan too.
Alicia, it was really sad to watch you hurt today. I'm serious, I agree with Mom, we must love our children too much to want to let them go. At least you know Reagan loves you too, he didn't want to let go of you either. You are an awesome mommy. I love watching you and learning how to be a great mom from you and all my sisters. Of course from Mom too. Hey, sorry it took me so long to get onto your blog, I love it. I want to start a blog for my little family too. Teach me!?!
I would love to help you put one together Paula and you too Jacque. Thanks Paula, I have been crying more since then too, WOW I have got to get a grip.
Thanks for the invite; its a good blogsite. Usually the children do better than the parents, but after a few years, they are teenagers and even Abraham had a problem with his teenager.
Post a Comment