
This past weekend I competed in a 4 man scramble with my Father, my brother-in-law Garth and a guy who we picked up last minute named Jason. For anyone who does not know what a scramble is it's a type of golf tournament. When we first got there the temperature was reading somewhere around 37 degrees, although the sun was shining it felt more like 2 degrees. The sun was shining but the wind speed was about 30-mph. Needless to say we didn't get out to a super fast start. I hit a 3 iron off the first tee which immediately started fading to the right. This would not have been so bad if the wind hadn't also been blowing to the right. I watched my first shot sail across the fairway over the fence that marked the boundary to the golf course and across the road that paralleled the fence. I didn't even try to find that ball. The rest of the team didn't fair much better on the first hole and we ended up with a bogie. The day got better; the very next tee I hit my 3 wood right up the middle and put it on the green for an eagle shot. We birdied that hole. The rest of the day was fun. The weather warmed up and we played bogie free until the last hole. We finished at 4 under with bookend bogies. We finished in the upper half of the middle so no big pay out but we would have been in the money if they were giving any out.
2 comments:
Sounds fun - even though it was over my head. Couldn't follow the lingo.
It doesn't sound fun, I am not a golfer. I tried and Dad wishes I were a golfer, he wants to go and thinks it would be fun for the two of us. I should give it another try.
Post a Comment