What You'll Need
A kitchen knife
Old crayons
Mini-cake tins (we used pans with heart- and circle-shaped pockets)
Crayon How-To
1. Parents can use the knife to chop crayons into pea-size pieces, taking care to keep colors separate so kids can combine them as they like.
2. Preheat the oven to 150 degrees while children fill the tin with crayon pieces, arranging them in interesting designs.
3. Bake just until the waxes have melted, 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Remove the shapes after they have cooled. If they stick, place tray in the freezer for an hour, and the crayons will pop out.
6 comments:
Is it ok that Mark and I want to make those crayons for ourselves? Those are awesome!
They are so cool, I have already been thinking what fun party favors they could be at a bridal or baby shower, do them in pink and white or blue and white or brown, green and hot pink, the possibilities are endless.
Alicia, I am commenting on this again because I LOVE your new heading. Those are great pictures! Very cool!
Hey...where did you buy the little cake tins? Michaels?
Cool stuff! Now go to town and color the house.
you can get the tins at Rudy's downtown, I think they have a few other ones as well.
Post a Comment