Thursday, May 10, 2007

Mother's Day for the 7th Ward



Tyler was in charge of getting the sisters in the ward a mother's day gift this year. And those who know Tyler realize he doesn't always stick to tradition, so rather than give the ladies a plant or a flower he decided we should put together gift bags, 120 gift bags to be exact. Each bag contains a pack of note-cards, (most are Mary Englebreit), a bottle of lotion and a few Hershey kisses. We put them in a clear gift bag and tied them with pink and green ribbon. They look so wonderful, I really think the change from tradition will be appreciated. The project took a couple of hours, but we had a lot of fun working on it together.

5 comments:

Jacque said...

How cool! I am very impressed with you guys. I think the ladies will love it.

Alicia said...

Thanks Jax, the best part is we had so much fun putting them together

Carrie said...

Some advice. If there are any left, just take out all the hershey kisses. We did that in my other ward and they put the extras in the RS closet and the next year we found them and were going to eat them but all the chocolate tasted like lotion! Yummmmm.

Alicia said...

Good advice

Ashlee said...

I had no idea it was you that helped put all of those together. I got mine a week late because I wasn't there on Mother's Day Sunday. And kudos for the dark chocolate kisses. One of those on an empty stomach right after church TRULY hit the spot!