Saturday my sister in law, Shea married Kent Wade in the Rexburg Idaho temple. It was a great weekend and a cute couple. Let me recap the events for you all.
Friday night we dropped the kids off at my mom's house and headed up to Idaho Falls to meet up with Tyler's family, then head on up to Rexburg, where we went through the temple with Shea. After the temple we went out for some grub at Applebee's, so much fun hanging out with Tyler's family, they are awesome.
Saturday morning we got up to get ready and I got to do the bride's hair and make up. She looked so pretty. Then we headed back over to the temple for the wedding and then pictures. It was cold, but overall a very nice day.After a luncheon in Idaho Falls we came back to Twin to get ready for the reception. I did the food and cake for it and it turned out really nice. I had a lot of fun and have stayed pretty busy the last couple of weeks. I made 430 chocolate and vanilla filled cream puffs, 330 croissant sandwiches (roast beef and cheese, turkey, ham and cheese, and then chicken salad) cake and sparkling apple punch. It was yummy and the bride picked the menu, she did well.
Platters of Cream Puffs
The fountain of apple punch
OK, so every wedding has to have a story, right, well here it is. It was about 6:55, 5 minutes before the reception was to begin and we were all doing last minute preparations. Suddenly we hear a crash, breaking glass and gasps across the room. The lattice wall set up behind the food had fallen over, onto the cake. It broke the statue Shea had chosen to place on top and smashed the back side of the top layer. I was frozen, just stared at it, wondering "Are you kidding me?" I looked over at Shea and she had tears streaming down her face, it broke my heart. I grabbed the top layer of the cake and ran into the kitchen with it, filled the now missing back half with the frosting I had brought to finish the piping upon assembly and then reconstructed it. Grabbed some flowers from the tables and the others I had already used on the cake and made a new floral topping, took it back out and Voila!, the cake was ready to go. (In case you are wondering the statue didn't break until it hit the floor, so no glass was on the cake.)

And here is the recreated cake, I didn't even get a picture of he first one. At the bride's request, this was a rainbow chip cake with rainbow chip frosting. I found hot pink, lime green and orange sprinkles (her colors) to use in the buttercream. It was really pretty and definitely fun.
And here is the recreated cake, I didn't even get a picture of he first one. At the bride's request, this was a rainbow chip cake with rainbow chip frosting. I found hot pink, lime green and orange sprinkles (her colors) to use in the buttercream. It was really pretty and definitely fun.
12 comments:
That cake turned out GREAT!! It looks really good! Good job Alicia!!
That picture of you and Tyler is a cute one! How was Rexburg Temple?? I've got to get away with Zach for a weekend...probably after April 15th!!
Nice job on the re-created cake. Looks like it was made that way!
So impressed with your on the ball-ness. :0) I think I would have cried too.
Your dress is so super cute and you look so sassy in it!
Way cute picture of you and Tyler I love the dress wowza cuteness!! I love the cake and if you made it it is going to taste good sqweeshed or not and you did a great job fixing it looks good..
You AMAZE me! Seriously...Shea's hair and make-up look great. She looks beautiful. And the food and the cake (even fixing it up after a mishap). You're incredible. And PS: You look SO GOOD in that picture with you and Tyler!
And I guess Tyler looks alright, too. :)
WOW! you are so impressive. such a great caterer! Everything looked awesome and I agree the picture of you and Tyler is so cute. You look great! Happy St. Patty's Day!
Is there anything you can't do?
Yummy food maker, fabulous hair-do-er, reception saver, skinny look good in a dress-er.......
Seriously, amazing job!
Can I say AMAZING? I'm hiring you for my next event...(not sure what that will be but I'll find something!)
Congrats... could not tell anything was amiss. Nothing like a little drama to get your heart pumping! Well done.
As the mother watching from the side lines, great job. I couldn't believe how well you salvaged the cake. Great pictures.
As always, you amaze me again. Great job on the cake. I love your dress at the temple, so cute. Shea looks beautiful too. Good job.
Post a Comment