

Forgive the Dick Vitale sound of that title, but alas, this is the time of year to reflect upon one's competitive nature. This is our favorite time of year, so I figured I ought to post about it. Since the first year we were married, Tyler and I have had a March Madness competition and sadly, I have lost 7 of those 8 years. I know, I know, it is truly pathetic, but this is the year! I have promised myself I will redeem those last 7 losses. So here is how it works. We alternate in picking 16 teams, each time we pick a team, the other is assigned the opposing team for the opening round game, so we each have 32 teams. The winning team of the first round gets 1 point, second round winners get 2 points and so on. The National Champion gets 7 points. Whichever one of us gets the most points, wins! I have had to give Tyler so many stinkin' massages and make him dinners and breakfast in bed, and one year I even had to make him a t-shirt that boasted of his 5-peat winning streak. I am done with losing, it's my turn to win! Keep your fingers crossed for me.
On a side note, the championship game is our favorite because it is always Nacho Bar night.
This year at the Bank, they have a campaign that runs along with March Madness, so last night we were up until midnight making a bracket board that is about 9 feet by 5 feet that will hang up at the bank. I did not get a picture, but I will. It looks awesome.
7 comments:
I hope you win. I'm rooting for ya. Good luck!
You guys crack me up! I hope you win and stick it to him!
Go Alicia! Beat him!
I've only played the brackets for March Madness since I met Jaysen too. I have no idea about any of the teams either. The last time I played was two years ago and I came in second place out of almost 20 guys. :0) I beat Jaysen. :0) What was funny about it, was that I picked the teams by how much I liked their name. Gonzaga was just such an interesting name, so I had them winning and a few others that were pretty wierd too. No real thoughts about how well they played, because honestly, I have no idea. But we watched the games last night. Go Duke!
I'm entered into two different competitions this year. THe same one with Jaysen and then one with my brother too. I have no idea how I'm doing with Jaysens, but I'm in 2nd in the one with my brother. I'm beating him. :0) I've got a 71% correct score. He's failing. Ahhh....
I don't feel bad. :0) But I think I should bet him on something like you and Tyler do. That would be nice!
That is awesome. So, I finally decided to get in on all the fun. Carl does it every year, and I told him that I am a little offended that he hasn't invited me yet. But this year, I'm in. And so far...not too shabby. By the way great game idea. You are a fun mom.
I'm never any good at picking the teams. I don't really pay attention to the games during the year, so when it comes time to pick, I go by who I know (Boise, and BYU-obviously wrong choices)and cool names (like Gonzaga-wrong again!). But it's still fun!
Give me a A
Give me a L
Give me a I
Give me a C
Give me a I
Give me a A
What does that spell?????
WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!!!!!!
You go girl kick some tail and win it this year...
I love March Madness - as you know, we are a total basketball family. For years we have been playing in this tournament amongst ourselves with the winner getting to display the "Bronze Jock" - literally, that is what it is. The winner of that year gets to engrave their name on the plaque and hang it in their home for a whole year. It's awesome! Anyway, I'll blog about it as it gets closer to the end. Just so you know...I'm in FIRST PLACE! WAHOO!!!! Good luck and I'm rootin' for ya!
Post a Comment