Thursday, October 25, 2007

Pumpkin Crafts


A friend gave my mom and fun decorated pumpkin that will work for Halloween and Thanksgiving. I loved it and so decided to make some for our Enrichment Night decorations and then keep them for my home. They were so easy to make and it only took me about 10 minutes to put together. They need to dry overnight before adding the leaves, but that was not a big deal.
What you'll need:
  • Craft Pumpkins, (Michael's $10.00 for the large and $6.00 for the small, they are currently 50% )
  • Craft paint, any metallic fall color will work
  • Fabric Paint, I used two colors, but you can use one or more
  • A brush
  • Fall foliage
  • Gold wire, I used bow wire, because it was .99 cents for the pack, but it does no hold it shape as well as I would have liked
  • Straight pins
After I painted them with 2 coats, I let them dry to the touch and then just drew designs in a random pattern all over. I let that dry overnight, then with straight pins attach the leaves and any other fall embellishment that looks good. For the wire just twist it around a wooden spoon and either hot glue it or again use a straight pin. Lots of fun and so easy.

6 comments:

Rachel Durazzani said...

So cute! I think I want to do one. Did you use real leaves or the fake ones?

Rachel Durazzani said...

Never mind - I just looked at the enlarged version. Alicia, those really are adorable - even better when I saw them up close and big!

Jacque said...

Way cute! I love that idea! You are so crafty! I will have to try this.

Ashlee said...

I think I might have to attempt this one too. Thanks for posting.

paulak said...

Very cute! Who gave those to mom?

Carol said...

We are doing the pumpkins at IWA this Thursday and Sister Renee Allen is teaching. I would have asked Alicia but she is getting so busy that I hate to bug her, again, and again.