Friday, October 12, 2007

I LOVE Hot Chocolate

I am sitting here at the computer, it's almost midnight, and I'm feeling a little lonely. Tyler left earlier this evening on a hunting trip, the kids are all in bed and I decided to grab a cup of Hot Chocolate. Tyler gave me a new Hot Chocolate Mug for my birthday. To some this may sound silly, but Tyler knows me better than anyone and he knows my love for Hot Chocolate. Today, he asked me how my mug was working out. This is where my true passion for Hot Chocolate is revealed. I hadn't used it... yet. Hot Chocolate is not just a drink I want when I am thirsty, Hot Chocolate is my escape. I only drink Hot Chocolate when my kids are in bed, when the house is quiet, when I am warm inside my house and it is cold outside, when I am cuddled up under a blanket, when I am in my pajamas, when my house is clean, when I am watching Friends, when I am watching a movie with Tyler, when I am all alone and I don't want to be. This is the magic of Hot Chocolate. I guess it is a private obsession, but it is mine and it makes me smile. Sometimes, I put marshmallows in it, sometimes, I put a dollop of whipping cream or cool whip on it and then sprinkle straight cinnamon on that, sometimes, I drop a peppermint candy in it and let it melt. I rarely drink it plain and I always drink it really hot. My sister Rachel, introduced me to Stephens Italian Amaretto flavor, and that is now my favorite, I stocked up on it after Christmas when it went on clearance. Rachel bought me more when she found it on clearance again just a couple of months ago. It is the best with Milano Amaretto cookies dipped in it. Hot Chocolate is my serenity and that is why I know my husband loves me, he buys me Hot Chocolate Mugs for my birthday.

4 comments:

Rachel Durazzani said...

Great post! It made me seriously want some hot chocolate - especially since it's raining today! I'm glad you enjoy hot chocolate so much - like I said, if that's your only "vice" then you're living right!

Jacque said...

Here, here! Now all you need is a Cocomotion machine! We got one for our wedding and we love it! Makes a perfect cup everytime!

Ashlee said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I have a cup of cocoa every morning for breakfast. Bought three new mugs (just for me) when the chill started coming outside. I drink it when I sit in front of my computer checking my email after Landon has gone to school and Kenzee is entertained by Dora. ;0) I get a few moments of "aahhhh" time before the day gets hectic. I use those coffee creamers in mine. My favorite is the Cinnamon Vanilla. You should try it!

Carol said...

Will that work for me?