Monday, August 13, 2007

Serious Dilemma


VS.

Ok, so I am having a serious mental conflict and it has been going on for the last couple of months. Here it is. Reagan is starting school in two weeks from today and I hate it. I hate it, I hate it and I hate it. To him, of course, I am thrilled and excited because Kindergarten is the greatest thing on earth. But inside, I hate it. I cried last night just thinking about it and that was not the first time and I know it won't be the last. (In fact I am getting a little bit teary eyed right now). Well, the conflict comes in here. Tyler and I get to go to the Josh Groban Concert in Salt Lake with a couple of my sisters and their husbands on August 28th, the second day of school. I am so excited about this concert and I can't wait, but every time I get excited and want to count down the days, I realize it makes it closer to Reagan going to school, and I think I have established how I feel about that. Do you see my dilemma?, I want to be excited for Josh Groban, but I really don't want school to get here. What do I do? This may sound very petty, but it is a big battle in my head right now!

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

I remember all too well the sad first day of school for Landon. He was my baby for soooo long, and then he was in school? Yeah...and now he's in 2nd grade. Sigh. Anyway..we turned Landon's first day of Kindergarten into a party. I dropped him off, and then after I picked him up from school, we went to Burger King (his choice) with Jaysen and he got to tell us all about his first day. And then he got to pick what we had for dinner and what not. Made a huge deal out of it for him. And so in my mind, it turned it from this sad day, into a fun day I got to create for him.
And then for you....you get to continue the fun the next day to the Josh Groban concert! I'm so jealous. My sister is actually going to the one in Boise next Tuesday, and wanted me to go with her, but with everything going on, we had to forego it. But I will be wishing I had went for FOREVER! Love him!

Hope you make it through this! It's the first of many school milestones for us.

Alicia said...

Good advice, I love that idea and Reagan will love it too. Thank-you, I think I need something like that to get me through.