Well, the day finally arrived and we made it through. Here are the top ten reasons why my heart has been aching in anticipation of this day.
#10. He is my little Reagan, who I now have to face is growing up #8. He adores his two little sisters
#7. I am so proud of him, I can hardly see straight
#6. I'm too young to have a kid in school (33 is still young, right?)
#5. All the girls are going to want to be his girlfriend (Ha, I've got a few years before that happens don't I?)
#4. Someone else is getting to spend that time with him.
#3. I love having him home helping me.
#2 He told me he was going to miss me.
And
#1. As we walked into the school he reached over, grabbed my hand and smiled at me, and I don't want that to ever end!The day went great though as I knew it would. They got to play on the playground, decorate gingerbread men, introduce themselves and hear stories. He is excited to go back and that makes me very happy. His only disappointment is that he came home and didn't know how to read yet. That bummed him out, so we had to explain it would take some time. He is such a great kid.



5 comments:
I love your top ten list and the pictures. I know it must tough to let your little man go - I'm already dreading Hailey's first day of school! But it seems like he's going to do great. Such a smart kid! Pretty soon he'll be reading circles around the rest of us. Way to go Reagan!
I got a little teary eyed with this post. Great top ten, Alicia. I have a hard time believing he is in school as well. But he looked sharp!
Your post made me want to cry! I remember feeling that exact same way though. It's so hard to see your baby be so grown up. But he does look studly for his first day. And tell him not to worry...none of the other kids know how to read either! ;0)
Wow, that took me back down memory lane thinking of my first day taking Melanie to Kindergarten, but it didn't stop there. I cried when I took each of you to school and then to college and then Jacque and EJ to the MTC. What it tells me is that you all love your little children so very much and that makes us so pleased with the way they are being raised. You are all doing a great job!!!!!!!
Way to be a big boy, Reagan. Way to be a big girl, Alicia. I know you have not been looking forward to this day, and now you made it. That was very fun to read. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment