Thursday, April 3, 2008

Parent Teacher Conferences


I got to go to Reagan's Parent Teacher conference today, and mind you I don't have a problem with this, I was a teacher for 6 years, did many of these, so it is good to be on the other side. I even made arrangements with my good friend Jeanette to switch kids while she went to hers, and all seemed to be going great. I decided to take Mollie, it just makes things easier and after Jeanette hauled my other two to her house, I jumped into the mini-van, or Bat Mobile as Tyler and the kids call it, with Mollie. My car would not start, are you kidding me? My dear, wonderful, obedient children continue to "forget" to turn off the back lights and run my battery down, this is the 3rd time in the last 6 months. I was not happy, so I quickly grabbed the stroller, put Mollie in and off we went to the conference. Reagan is a great kid, got wonderful reviews, his writing and reading are good, he does well with others, he listens and then it came, and I knew it was coming, "He talks, he talks a lot!" OK, really, how could he not, look at his parents. There is nothing quiet about our house. That was the one thing my mom was always told at conferences, "She is a good student, but she likes to talk." Yep, I think it is rather fitting. The best part of all, he loves school and it shows.

6 comments:

Ashlee said...

So sorry to hear about the Batmobile. :0(

Yes, see...my son told me that it wasn't mandatory for me to attend the PT Conferences. I got a note home that said I could stop by anytime between 8:30 and 4:00, so I figured, forget it. I had his report card. I knew what the teacher was going to say. Very similar to your kids' report. {talks too much....I know. It's amazing for my kid too, because I'm usually quiet as a mouse}
And then...at 4:05 he says, "MOM! We were supposed to go to PT Conf.!" I remind him what he told me and he said, "Yeah. You didn't have to go if you were sick!" Sigh. I then noticed on the caller ID that his teacher tried to call me at 3:45. I'm a bad mom....

paulak said...

Go Reagan. I am not surprised that you have a child that loves school. It is in his blood. The talking is definitely in his blood as well...we all have that problem, or talent? Whatever! What a great kid (kids) you have.

Rachel Durazzani said...

Hmm...how did I miss this post? Glad he's doing well in school. And yes, the talking...well, it's already been said but it's probably a Morgan AND Larsen gene.

And PS: I love the new look!

Becky said...

It's a great feeling to be told how well your children are doing. Sorry about the van - mine used to do that too until I turned all lights off up front. That means I have to get into a dark car - but I haven't had a problem since. (don't worry - I always check first by turning on the light and turning it back off.

Montay said...

I say if the worst they do is talk to much wooo hoo Great Job Reagan

Shannon said...

Reagan is growing up, I can't believe it! What a great conference. Sorry to hear about the van, but, ya know I have to laugh, because that same thing has happened to us too :)