Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The solution to my problems...

Well at least the solution to one of them. As many of you know, and those who don't, I will confess, I HATE grocery shopping. To me it is at the top of the list of horrible chores that must be done. The stores gross me out, the people at the stores sometimes gross me out, and no matter how well you do it, you have to do it again. (I used to work at WinCo, so I am allowed to be grossed out, just thought I would throw that in.) OK, so here is my solution. Drum roll please.............. Tyler does it for me. I make a 2 week menu and then put together a shopping list. Every other Tuesday, after he gets off work at the Planetarium, about 8:15, he heads straight over to WinCo and does the grocery shopping. I am loving this, I haven't been to WinCo in 6 weeks and I couldn't be happier! Thanks Tyler, you are the best.

10 comments:

paulak said...

Wow, that is impressive. What a guy!

Anonymous said...

I would love that but grocery shopping is one of our family events. I haven't gone without Jake since we have been married.

Rachelle

Ashlee said...

If I sent Jaysen to the grocery store, I would end up with about 20 phone calls from him while he was there AND the bill would be twice as much because he would buy the expensive name brand items. I'm all for generic brand. Yeah....Jaysen doesn't even get to come along to the store. We tried that once after we got married and I told him NEVER AGAIN! The grocery store isn't my favorite place either, but it's a necessary evil. I go, get yummy food, and then have to bring it home and unpack it and sort it as I put it all away. I'm glad I only do the big haul once a month. :0)

Rachel Durazzani said...

Way to go Tyler! You rock. Wanna talk to your Italian brother-in-law for me? Alicia, you're one lucky girl.

PS: Love the new topper. Very fun!

Carrie said...

Well, I confess. Seth does alot of the shopping for me as well. But he thinks it's part of my "phasing out" plan. He believes that I'm slowing working on phasing myself out of being needed by anyone in the family. A little load of laundry here, some dishes there, all the shopping, and Voila! I'm outta here!

AmyJ said...

Very cute letters! I make my hubby go with me too, and I dread it most of the time. I have to reward myself by going out to dinner usually.

Becky said...

I must be odd because I actually like grocery shopping - when I'm not rushed. Glad you have a solution!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Montay said...

Alicia as you know I LOVE going to the grocery store I would go everyday if i could. I am glad that Tyler will go for you and you know whatever works go for it!!!

Carol said...

Tyler is the man and he even likes the shopping or at least he doesn't complain. Grocery shopping is not my favorite but now that it is just Dad and me it is OK. But, I wish I would cook the way Alicia does, her meals are awesome and very creative. We could all be so lucky to be able to eat her meals.