
Today for the Wasatch Back training, the schedule suggests a 50 minute run, so Tyler and I decided to run it together and leave the kids with Grandma Larsen. So we dropped them off and headed over to the Canyon Rim trail at the top of the Canyon Springs Grade and started running. Rather than do the trail, we decided to turn up and cross the Perrine Bridge and head down onto the other side of the Canyon toward the Blue Lakes Country club. What a beautiful run. It was a little chilly, but not bad, UNTIL... we hit the bridge. You know how they say in bad weather, a bridge is icier than the road, well now I can see why. The minute we were over the water, the wind increased by about 200 mph (sarcasm) and the temperature dropped by a good 15 degrees (serious). It was unreal. The left side of my face was completely numb, it was crazy. Coming back over the bridge on the return route was a little better but not much, it just froze the right side of my face.

Anyway, we picked up the kids and made it home in time for Conference. I love conference weekend. I love it with the memories of watching it before children, it was relaxing, uplifting and overall a peaceful weekend. Now we watch it with children and it is still a great weekend, but I think my adjectives have changed. It is now loud, insane and anything but relaxing, but I still love it.

We got to listen to the speakers over the giggles of the kids as they ran around the house shooting marshmallows at one another with the Marshmallow shooter. We listened to talks while they emptied every toy from the toy closet, and then didn't really even play with them, I think they just thought they looked better on my living room floor than in the closet. We finished the evening off with yummy fish tacos, said good-bye to Tyler as he headed out for the Priesthood session. So off to bed to wake up again and listen to more talks. I love conference weekend.
7 comments:
fish tacos? Do elaborate!
Fish tacos...yuck! My brother loves them....it's insane. But then again...I hate fish. :0)
I like confrence too but My house was way too loud for anything to uplifting I even tried to get the kids excited about the new prophet but to no avail thank heaven for dvr!!
Yummy, I want some. Sounds like a great weekend.
Way to go on your FAST run on Saturday. And it sounds like a fun conference Saturday. And seriously, you're tacos are making me hungry!
Becky, we love fish tacos, I use Rachel Ray's recipe for Halibut fish tacos, so good. I was very leary about them until I tired them for the first time at Cafe Rio. I have now linked it in this post if you want to look at the recipe.
You guys are awesome for running, I think it is cool that you were able to run together, how fun. I love conference weekend too, but I can relate with the kid thing! It's just not quite the same.
Post a Comment