Monday, April 14, 2008

My children have a weird side

This evening as we were heading to bed Tyler peeked into the kids' room to check on them and then insisted I come in and look. This is what we found, they are in sleeping bags, that's cool, Cinderella is tucked neatly in next to Elise, (yes it is Elise's not Reagan's, he's not that weird), that is cool too, but here is where the weirdness comes in. Look closely at what Elise is sleeping on, an under-the-bed, storage bin. Why? I am not sure I want to even ask, she is 3, need I say more?

While I am on the subject of weird, yesterday, we decided to take a family walk, so we told the kids to get shoes on and let's go. They both decided they wanted to wear hats, that's ok, but look at the hats and they refused to change them. Now look at Reagan's legs, he wanted to wear his soccer socks, with shorts. Why Reagan? "I don't want my legs to get cold." "Well then put on some pants." But, it's hot outside." OK!!!
While walking, he said, I am tired will someone carry me? "UM that would be a NO!" so he dropped to the ground and started doing push ups? Why Reagan? You can hear his answer for yourself on the video.
Then there is Mollie, sweet little Mollie, but she is weird too. For dinner, we had some pasta salad. She decided the pasta salad was better in her hair, thus the really greasy look going on. I tried to put elastics back in her hair, the mayonnaise ate them. I am not kidding we went through 3 elastics, all three broke in the mayo infested hair. Plus, notice the item in her hand it is a pig, she has taken it everywhere for the last three days, we buy her dolls and other girlie things, and she wants a plastic pig.

No kidding, they are all weird, but I love them and wouldn't change a thing about them, I love their weirdness.

7 comments:

Carrie said...

Well, what did you expect? Look at their parents! JK, they are cute. I'm still confused though about how Reagan doing push-ups helped his situation.

Rachel Durazzani said...

Yes, the are weird...cute but weird. Curious to know why Elise was sleeping on the box. And I think the greasy look is GREAT on Mollie. I'll have to remember about mayo and elastics.
PS: Sorry I missed your call and didn't get back to you yesterday. I'll call you this morning.

Bonnie B. said...

You're kids are too funny!

Ashlee said...

So, who do they take after? You or Tyler? :0)

Montay said...

Love the box thing and push up when he is tired of walking what is he training for a marathon...

Becky said...

I love wierd - my kids follow suit. Good stuff.

paulak said...

Like mother like children. Actually, the weirdness comes from Tyler, right? Teasing, they are really so cute. My side is splitting from Reagan's push up issue.