Thursday, April 10, 2008

Aaah, the memories

I have enjoyed some of my blogger friend's Flashback Friday posts, so I decided to do one as well, but it is on Thursday, like Ashlee does. Recently I have come across friends from the past in the blogging world, so this is "An Ode to the Massachusetts Group". Forgive the horrific scrapbooking, but alas I did my best at the time.

We went on a Boston Stake Youth ski trip my sophomore year to Vermont, where we stayed in a great ski lodge, goofed off, skied a lot and had too much fun. (sorry Ben about the sleeping picture it was on the page).

My favorite trip of all with the ward friends was the temple trip to Washington DC on the bus, does anyone remember the bus (it stunk really bad). I wish I knew what some of these people were up to now, but sadly I have lost track of too many, most disappointing is Brenda, does anyone know where she is?

For my 15th Birthday, my mom threw a surprise party for me with all of my friends from the Marlboro Ward. I think the middle picture is from that and the rest are from a get together at my house where we played games, like "If you love me baby, smile" and other weird Mormon games.
Some of my best memories as a teenager are from the two years we spent in Massachusetts. Some of the best people in the world were in that ward and we felt very lucky to be a part of that for a short time.

8 comments:

Becky said...

Pictures aren't showing up:(. I'll keep checking back. I'm DYING to see them!!!

Rachel Durazzani said...

The pictures are showing up for me, but you can't enlarge them.
However, I love this post. So fun! It's been fun to reconnect with some of our MA friends.

paulak said...

Fun post. I often wonder how some of my old friends are and what they are up to. Massachussets was a great place.

Carrie said...

I don't get pictures either! :(

Ashlee said...

The pictures didn't show up for me either. :0(

Carrie said...

So I could see the pictures finally and those are awesome. Man, were we young! And what's up with those glasses? How did I survive? Thanks for sharing!

Carol said...

I have fond memories of that time even though I wasn't a part of the group. Those were very good years and we loved the Marlboro Ward, great people and great memories. Hey, I got the pictures and was able to enlarge them. Did you fix something before I got to this page?

Becky said...

Yay! I can see them. Thanks for posting those. Is that all you have? I would love to see more. I mean c'mon...my hair is AWESOME! I'm thinking maybe I'll go back to that style - NOT!