Friday, April 11, 2008

Girls night out

So, last night I hosted our girls night out get together, so much fun. We went with a chocolate, Chic Flic theme. I set up the chocolate fountain, love any excuse to use that. Each of the ladies brought a fun chocolate treat or things to dip in the chocolate fountain. We had bananas, strawberries, cookies, rice krispie treats, marshmallows, ooey gooey delicious caramel brownies, to die for chocolate cake, creamy and sophisticated ricotta pie, and we even had a veggie platter, so all around, good food. For drinks I made Serendipity Frozen Hot Chocolate, sooooooo good!
6 1/2 oz pieces of chocolates
2 tsp store bought hot chocolate mix (it's fun to try the creative flavors like chocolate cinnamon or caramel de leche, or dark chocolate!)

1 1/2 Tbs sugar
1 1/2 C milk

3 C ice
whipped cream
Chop chocolate into small pieces. Place in a double boiler over simmering w
ater. Stir occasionally until melted. Add hot chocolate mix and sugar and stir until melted completely (this part takes a little while). Remove from heat and slowly add 1/2 C milk until smooth. Cool at room temp. In a blender, place remaining cup of milk, room temp chocolate mixture and ice. Blend on high speed until smooth and the consistency of a frozen daiquiri. Pour into glasses and top with whipped cream.

After trying all the fun goodies, we watched the film Enchanted, I love that movie. We ended the evening with Blogging discussions and lessons.
I made some fun party favors a little bag of chocolate bath salts to send home with everyone. It was a fun little addition to the evening, that wasn't going to be more calories.
Thank ladies for a great night, I loved it!

10 comments:

Ashlee said...

It was so much fun! Thanks for playing host. I hope Tyler wasn't too upset with us. :0) I'm patiently waiting your how-to instructions for how to make my blog super sassy. :0) Now, what to do for next month?

Anonymous said...

I had a great night. Thanks! So this is my first time on your blog and I just saw your favorite movie. My family thinks that I am crazy but Gone With the Wind is my favorite also. It has been since I was little.


Rachelle

Carol said...

Alicia, you out-do yourself all the time when it comes to entertaining. The food looks so good and I love the chocolate bath salts. I will hire you for our next enrichment night, at least can I borrow your chocolate fountain?

paulak said...

How fun! I need to do more parties. What a great idea for gifts. I still need to see that movie. Ok, so if I am understanding your question right, Kya calls us mommy and daddy. But I also refer to us as mommy and daddy for blogging purposes. That is what she calls us, though.

Tess said...

I'm so sad that I missed it! I had to go to Rexburg for my little sister's graduation. I'll see you next time.

Bonnie B. said...

I am sooo bummed I missed it. But it looks like it was good fun!
Hopefully next month, I'll be there.

Montay said...

I think we could do Chocolate everytime!!!! That was yummy fun!

Becky said...

Hey...how come I wasn't invited???

Ben Hutchins said...

Wowzsers... not your typical girls night out or maybe that is the Idaho way of doing things :) Well done.

Zach said...

So fun! Thanks for hosting us all! I had a great time!