
I have decided to start a new tradition in my family, Red Pepper Jelly, oh my gosh, I love it. A couple years ago the Brownings gave my parents a little Christmas butter dish with a Santa knife along with a package of cream cheese and a jar of Williams Sonoma Red Pepper Jelly to go on top of the cheese and use as a dip for crackers. I loved it. This year for Thanksgiving Hors D'oeuvre I decided to make a Baked Brie and top the Brie in side of the Puff Pastry with Red Pepper Jelly. I found a jar of Raspberry Pepper Jelly from Aloha from Oregon, (pictured above) at TJ Maxx and it was so good, I wanted to eat the whole jar by myself. So I have decided that this is going to somehow be a part of my holiday. I think I preferred it cold with the cream cheese, because it melted down too much in the pastry. If you have never tried it, give it a shot and let me know what you think. I do have to say, Jacque did not care for it, but everyone else I think liked it.
6 comments:
what's the flavor like? Is it really spicy? Where else would I find it?
The Baked Brie was fabulous, the jelly really is good. I was surprised they found it at TJ Maxx, go figure.
Well, you all know my feelings on the matter.
It is sweet with a little kick, i guess you could compare the sensation to eating a hot tamale, sweet and hot.
I should try it...
And by the way, I LOVE the new look. So cool!
Hey....I went to a Tastefully Simple Home Party tonight and this stuff is in the catalog. No, I didn't buy it. I'm too much of a scaredy cat. But, if you were looking for it in the future and TJ Maxx was out....there you go!
Post a Comment