So Here's the story. Saturday I made Ravioli Lasagna (Thank-you, Ashlee) and it was so good. We all loved it except of course for Reagan, because if it isn't swimming in syrup or sprinkled with cinnamon sugar then No Thanks! Anyway, after our usual , "You have to eat 5 bites" and not getting anywhere with that, we all got up and left the table except Reagan who knew if he didn't eat his 5 bites then there was not going to be anything else to eat for the night. I started to do the dishes and Reagan very casually asked, "Mom, how come you always make food I don't like and then make me eat it?" With that I calmly said,"Fine, don't eat it, and I am done cooking, you can make dinner tomorrow Reagan".
I did not realize how this would backfire on me. He took it to heart, told his whole church class that I won't feed him anymore and he has to make all of his own food. Then when it was time for dinner, he pulled out the tortillas, the fry pan, a spatula, the butter and cinnamon, and there was our Sunday Night dinner.

Tyler was a trooper and stepped in to help, poor guy got tortillas on fast Sunday for dinner. (I did heat up some lasagna for him, so don't worry I took care of him.)Reagan now doesn't want me to cook anymore, he wants to do it. Why wouldn't he, he can make whatever he wants. Today he wants pop-up pancakes and then cereal tomorrow and he will make it all.
I tried to make my point a little stronger and told him he also had to do the dishes, he was thrilled, pulled up a chair to the sink and went to work.

(Of course, I had to go back and rewash all of the dishes, since we don't have a dishwasher and this was all done by hand.)
Needless to say,
Big Time Backfire! I am happy to report, much to Reagan's chagrin, I am off strike and back in the kitchen ready to make more food my children hate and I force them to eat.
Mollie just sat by with her crazy hair waiting for someone to feed her.
5 comments:
Ok, I laughed out loud at this so hard, tears came to my eyes. I loved it! You have got some awesome kids and now you know they take you serious. Had it been me, and we know the taco salad story, I try to call dad and mom's bluff, but they follow through as well. Good for you letting him make dinner! Cannot wait to see these kids in a couple weeks!
You want to know what I'm doing right now? Arguing with Landon because he won't eat his dinner. He asked me to make it, but apparently the lunch lady makes tater tot casserole better than I do. (Honestly, I just use onion in it and he can see it and so it's causing a problem for him) If it were up to him we would have Fettucine Alfredo for dinner every night. Though I do love it, Jaysen doesn't, and it would get old quick. We are such mean moms!
I do love how literal Reagan took you though. What an awesome Sunday night dinner! And the pic of little Mollie is adorable!
I love that story, your kids are very smart and will keep you on your toes. The sad part about this whole thing is the fact that you are such a fabulous cook, someday he will appreciate all of your very hard work and good food. I appreciate your good food, so does everyone else who you cook for. So, Reagan will someday understand.
First of all, can you all not see Jacque rolling on the floor with this one. And the taco salad incident, yeah! Second, I'm with mom, your food is the best. Can you come live near me, I don't like to cook as much. I know, you were near me and we chose to leave. Definitely my loss (I do love it here). I love that post, its a classic for the blog world. You have to scrap this one. I love Reagan, he really knows how to handle you when you are trying to handle him. I miss you guys. Come visit. Kya wants to see Mollie.
This is one of the better stories I've read in a while. Hilarious. Enjoyed it immensely. Mad props to Reagan for sticking it to mom whenever the choice opportunity arises!
Post a Comment