Raise you hand if you like Mollie's new outfit, it's bright, fun, and festive, right. She even has new shoes and those are cute too. So a new outfit, why am I posting that, you ask yourself? It isn't a very cute outfit when I had to buy it becasue she puked all over her other clothes.
Those who know my children will completely understand this story, those who don't, welcome to my life. My children, all three of them have intensely sensitive gag reflexes. When they get a cough, they throw up, when they smell something funky, they throw up, when they have too much food in their mouth or they taste something different, they throw up, get the idea. I have cleaned more throw up in my last 6 years as a mom than I care to think about.
Last night, Tyler had to do a mystery shop at the McDonald's in Burley, so we thought, let's make this a family outing, dinner at McD's, time together as we drive to Burley, nice right? As we were nearing the exit, Mollie started to cough and the cough got harder, I knew what was coming so I jumped into the back and she did it, she threw up all over herself. GROSS!, the worst part is, my other children do not handle this well, so we are frantically rolling down windows, and yelling, "Plug your nose, don't look!". I was not about to have more of this. As soon as we pulled into the parking lot of McD's I was yanking gagging kids out of the car and I looked across the street and there was Walmart.
We ran over to Walmart and bought Mollie her precious new little outfit, a large box of handiwipes, and a bottle of cough medicine. Needless to say, our fun family outing, as usual, was full of surprises.
9 comments:
I LOVE IT! :0) So awesome. Not for you...but for me to read about and then laugh at. Sorry....
Wow. That is so your life. I really am sorry but one day (maybe) you'll look back and laugh.
PS: We STILL want you to come. Seriously.
Okay so funny. I had to laugh out loud. I agree- McDonalds and Walmart are the bottom of the chain if you know what I mean! :)
Okay so I have to say thank you I so needed a good laugh today And secret shopper how did you get that gig I lovethat you just got a new outfit and kept on going Way to go!!!!
Too funny! But she does look pretty darn cute. I guess I need to start throwing up so I can get some new clothes! Love your kids and can't wait to see them this weekend!
I remember the first time I saw Elise's gag reflux...as she watched someone pick her nose in Primary. I have never seen anything like it before. You have to know that your kids are one of a kind!
I also laughed out loud at your story!
I can just see your face right now...this truly is your personal hell. Is it bad that I am laughing at you? Love ya, sorry you had a "wonderful" family night memory.
I hate puke. I don't do well with it. Sad. As a nurse, that is the only thing I can't handle. So, my hat goes off to you. I envy your puke-handling abilities. At least it was before McD's, not after!
Wow, what a fun event. I'm also sorry for laughing! It is sort of funny when it isn't your own kids. Hopefully yo will be able to look back and laugh one day:)
Post a Comment