Wednesday, May 14, 2008

August Rush

Two Thumbs Up!Tyler and I just finished watching August Rush and I had to post about it. I loved it, it was emotional, moving and made me think. I will admit this film is not going to be for everyone, it is pretty artsy, where the viewer has to think, unlike so many movies that are made. The music is amazing and you can just feel it, I got teary eyed a few times, and I didn't want it to end. I really want the soundtrack. I may have to check that one out on iTunes, some of the music would be great to run to. Anyway, if you are in the mood for a good, solid, somewhat artistic film, check out August Rush. If you have already seen it tell me what you thought about it.

9 comments:

Ashlee said...

I've been dying to see this one. Hopefully I'll get a chance to watch it soon!

paulak said...

Love it, love it, love it. I went out and bought it the next week. I didn't just get teary eyed...I balled. I was so moved by it, I can't even describe it. One of my favorite parts...when dad and son were jammin' together in the park.

Montay said...

I may live in a cave ( I have never heard of this movie) WHat is it about and is it on dvd yet?

Rachel Durazzani said...

I have heard NOTHING BUT GOOD about this film. We tried to get it two weeks ago but it was all checked out. Maybe we'll try again tomorrow night. Glad you liked it!

Tyler said...

Montay, it is the story of the little orphan boy who discovers music and plays so his parents who don't know he is alive will hear him. Sounds weird, but pretty good.

AmyJ said...

I haven't seen it YET but I want to. Everyone I have talked to loved it.

Rachel Durazzani said...

Just watched it. LOVED IT!!! Oh my gosh. One of the best movies I've seen in a long time. Wow. Two thumbs WAY up!

Carol said...

When we get a night to watch a movie we will try and check it out. You mentioned it to me but I don't think you had watched it, sounds good.

Becky said...

Looking forward to seeing this!!! Thanks for the review.