Now that Christmas and presents are over, it is time to play with friends and family, eat lots of food, go shopping and hit all the amazing sales, sleep in, stay up late and just kick back, right? WRONG!!! Not in our house. A cruel twist of fate took that all away for me. In the last 4 days, I have cleaned up throw up messes on the carpet, changed too many diahrrea diapers, cleaned that up from my older kids a few times, run the humidifier non-stop to help my children breathe, gone through a bottle of Dimetapp, Tylenol Cold and straight up Tylenol, (not really, I am not over-medicating my children and Mollie has not had any of the cold medication, I watch too much news for that) measured two fevers over 100 degrees, wiped noses at least 1000 times, held sick children, lost sleep, washed my hands so many times they are now chapped and bleeding, (I have also gone through about a tub o' Vaseline), finished off 4 liters of Sprite, used up a tub of Clorox disinfecting wipes (love those things), missed all the great sales, missed skating, planetarium shows and Arctic Circle with cousins, playing games with my family, roasting mallows on their new fire pit, and pretty much enjoyed a really big fat Pity Party. Yes, we had both stomach flu and nasty cough and colds, go figure. By the way, Tyler was working during most of this at both the bank and the Planetarium, although he was a huge help in the middle of many nights cleaning up children.
I suppose it isn't really the holidays without a little of this, but I want a vacation now!
OK, side note by me: Although we have been very house bound, I have to say my mom, dad, sisters mother in law, and sister in law have been very kind, helped out and kept me company quite a bit. And to find the silver lining, I have spent a lot of really fun one on one time with each of my kids, I got to hold them while we watched movies they got for Christmas, we put together puzzles, we played games, we played with Moon Sand, and I have put aside a lot of what keeps me busy and spent some priceless time with them, I love my kids even when they throw up, sneeze, cough and do other things on me.
(Sorry no pictures on this post, really there is nothing you would want to see!)
7 comments:
Even though I was there, reading it all in one post makes it sound so sad. I'm sorry it was such a bummer...pun intended. I hope 2008 starts better than 2007 ende and that you get a break. Maybe in Park City?
I can totally relate to those days with sick children during the holidays. It's a bummer.
Yuck I had a similar experince as we went to the family thing on Christmas and now I have the GOMBOOO yucky sore thoat cough and can't take a thing I totally feel the pain hope this next year brings alot of health with it for all of us....
Montay
Soooooo sorry! Don't you just hate it when your kids are sick though? Especially the little ones. You can't make it better for them...I hate that! I'm the mom...I'm supposed to make it all better! Hopefully everyone is better or on the mend.
Just saw your hubby at Smiths. Sorry to hear you are sick now too! Hope you get better soon! Let me know if you need any help!
Not fun! Sorry you've had a rough week. I hope things turn around for you soon.
Good times! And 2008 didn't really start much better, did it Alicia...but I do hope they start feeling better soon. It was so fun to see them no matter how they sneezed or coughed or threw up. I love them all the same. And it was a great holiday for Mark and I. We loved being home for so long. Can't wait to play again soon!
Post a Comment