1. Last night I went to a Christmas Craft Exchange for Girl's Night out and it was so much fun. We had great goodies, some really fun gifts to exchange and lots of fun girl talk. Thank-you Ashlee for all the work you go to for these, I love coming to Girls Night out. Here are the gifts I got from the other girls: A crocheted scarf, SNOW blocks, a tin of yummy cinnamon cookies, an expandable photo album, a snowman candy jar and a tin of soap snowballs. I gave gingerbread cookie ornaments and a yo-yo Christmas tree. (Not pictured)
2. We got our Christmas tree up and after a few "What's missing?" we added gold, ivory bows and I really like how it turned out. The Gingerbread decorations went through a trial run as the first set were a bit soft and too tempting for Mollie (she ate two of them) and about 10 others broke off, so I removed them and made more, only this time I cooked them a wee bit longer.
3. Rachel and I made gingerbread houses and it was so much fun. I realized I have never done this with someone before, I have always made one by myself and I discovered it is more fun when you have a friend so hopefully that will be a new tradition.
I made the one on the right, Rachel made the one on the left.
4. On December 7th we had our Ward Adult Enrichment Christmas Dinner, that Jeanette and I put together. I am very proud of how successful the evening was all things considered. WE had beautiful table decorations that 12 different ladies did and Arlene did a fantastic job with decorations. Once it was all over, I can say it was fun, but wow it was a lot of work.
This is the table I did. We had everyone do "What Christmas means to me" I chose baking, thus the bottles of spices, thanks, Rach for the idea.
5. Last, but certainly not least, I finally, after way too many years, got my Nativity set. I found it at Real Deals and I couldn't be happier with it.
5. Last, but certainly not least, I finally, after way too many years, got my Nativity set. I found it at Real Deals and I couldn't be happier with it.
8 comments:
Yay for this Christmas post! I love all the pictures. You're my holiday hero. I wish I did holidays the way you do. And I must say, the gold bows are the PERFECT touch to the tree. It really looks complete. Very nice work! Can't wait to see you (again) in a week!
PS: I really like the "SNOW" lettering you got. Very cute! I want one!
Great post! Love all the updates and the pictures. You do a great job with every holiday. I am also very excited to be coming home in a week!
I LOVE your nativity. I've decided to be a collector of these. I've got three so far....all in time..but yours is beautiful.
I always thought those expandable scrapbooks were a cute idea to give away as gifts. The one I have has ribbon attached so you can tie it shut.
Okay so you make us all look bad you are like the organization expert aren't holidays so much fun tell Rachel that if she wants one I know who to talk to.. I want to see a picture of the cake that you did for Ashley you are so talented. love looking at the Blog Montay
I am so glad that you finally posted all the fun things I know you have been doing. Great gingerbread houses, I should really do one someday. Good job on the table setting, that's a great idea. Great post.
Great pictures and you do a great job, even if I give you a hard time.
Post a Comment