I did it! About 5 years ago a friend of mine ran the TF Rim to Rim and I was so impressed and very envious that she was able to do that after having three kids. There have been a few years in there I have looked into doing it, but for one reason or another I have been unable and this year the planets all aligned and everything worked out so I could run in this 7 1/2 mile race from one side of the canyon to the other and back to the beginning. It involved one very big, steep uphill, a few smaller hills, a steep downhill, a trek across the Perrine Bridge and a ton of fun. I ran with my sister Rachel who came up from Provo to do this and we had a ball together. Tyler was there with the kids and it was just a great event all around. Thank-you Tyler for your support, Paula for your training help through the summer and for coming to be with us, and Rachel for making the trek up here to do this and Matt for driving her. I can't wait for next year to do it again.
5 comments:
You are all insane! ;0) Just kidding...
Kudos to you for running this race. I don't think I would have been able to get through even a part of it.
Wow, I'm proud of you. Very impressed.
This is Paula, on Alicia's computer. Rock on! You did a great job. Next time I won't be so cheap and I will run it with you. Nice job!
Nice going alicia!! I'm so proud of you. Good for you. Oh and I love the cute pictures of your kids!!!! They are so cute!!
Post a Comment