Sunday, July 1, 2007

Fourth of July Traditions

Every 4th of July, or close to it, Tyler and I watch the film 1776 portraying the Continental Congress in their efforts to create, pass and sign the Declaration of Independence. We love this film as we both love the history of this amazing country. The kids wanted to watch it with us this year and they made it through most of it, but at one point Reagan fell asleep and Elise decided he would make a great pillow. Can we all say "Princess"?

Happy Week of the 4th of July!

5 comments:

Jacque said...

That girl cracks me up! I would have done the same thing though...a pillow is a pillow.

Rachel Durazzani said...

Such a great tradition. And I love that the kids watched with you. And Elise - that girl rocks! Can't wait to see you guys in two days.

PS: I love the July 4th Facts!

paulak said...

How cute. I love those kids! They are too cute for color TV.

Amy said...

What a great idea!! I LOVE the fourth of july. What a GREAT country we live in. Your kids are so cute!

Dad said...

I too love this movie and watch it each 4th of July or there abouts, along with gettysburg which took place from the 1st of July throught July 4th. both great.