Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Boston

Dear Carrie, Paula, Rachel and Jacque,
I am writing this post to you since apparently you are the only readers I have of this blog. I think I may go private again, as it appears my writing is for a few select, all be it, very special people. Hahaha.

Anyway, after a week in Michigan, Tyler, Mollie, Ashtynn and I were able to fly to Boston to spend some time with Matt and Rachel and their family. A huge thank-you to Carrie for letting Reagan and Elise spend the week there so we could make this trip.

We flew from Detroit at 6:30 am and met Rachel at the airport at 11:30. We jumped in her car and headed to their home in Needham, about 20 miles outside of Boston (I think?). After a quick rest and some lunch, we went to the train station, about 1/2 mile away and got on a train headed for the city. Oh my word, I love Boston, what a beautiful city that is. We went to Quincy Market and Faneuil Hall where we ate dinner. We also walked down to the Harbor, wow, it was so pretty.
Could these 2 girls be any cuter, oh my goodness, they had so much fun together


Matt, Rachel, Me, Tyler
Ashtynn, Ethan, Hailey and Mollie

Rachel and I at Fanueil Hall

Tyler, Mollie and I in front of a random building that I really liked

The girls were so impressed with the Sax player

The next day, Rachel and I hung around the house with the kids, she took the girls to a nearby farm while the babies slept and I worked. Matt and Tyler went back in to Boston to take a tour of Fenway Park. Sadly, the Red Sox were not in town while we were there, so this was the next best thing. Tyler loved it, they had so much fun and it will do until one day we can get back and go to a game. Don't hold your breath, it may be a few more years.


That's a happy man, right there


Thursday, we had access to passes for the Boston Aquarium and spent a couple of hours there. It was pretty cool, and the kids all loved it.
Me and my Ashtynn, who was amazing on this trip, by the way. She was a dream child

Mollie and Hailey checking out the dolphins

Check out the shark heading toward Tyler and Mollie...so cool

The Larsen Family minus Reagan and Elise

After the aquarium, we went to James Hook Lobster company, got a couple of crab rolls and a lobster roll for Tyler. We couldn't resist and also bought a live crab and a live lobster which we took back to Rachel and Matt's and boiled right up. DELICIOUS!!!!!!! We were in heaven.
Tyler had fun getting to prepare and eat a live lobster

The girls loved the lobster and crab, but ironically were very sad they had to go to bed and didn't get any to eat

Oh, the sweet succulence of crab



8 comments:

Jacque said...

Dude, I love your blog. Don't stop doing posts! But you can make it private if you want. I loved your book that you made for the trip too. It is awesome!

Carrie said...

I guess I should comment so you know that I still read. Looks like fun!

julie said...

Hey, I'm a reader now! I just made some changes to my own blog, and now I will be able to check yours regularly. Cute pictures! It sounds like you guys have had such an awesome summer.

Cassie said...

Well missy, you said you closed your blog down. I by chance clicked on it to see if you had changed your mind yet and you did. Hey BTW, thanks for watching Odin so much, there's no way we could have worked on the house without the help of family.

Ashley said...

Hey, I read your blog!!

Rachel Durazzani said...

Yay for Boston! So glad you guys came. In fact, you should come back. We could get more lobster....yum, yum, yum! Come on...you know you want to.

Carol said...

Hey, I read your blog.

Sister Jenna Connell said...

Hey--I don't comment, but I do read!!!!