Sunday, September 5, 2010

New curlers and Vintage dresses.

Ok, now I feel bad, so happy though to see that I do have readers. I'm taking a blog break from posting about our trip, but I will get back to that really soon, I have a lot more pictures. Maybe if I posted more than once a week...

Recently I came across a blog post about some new curlers and since my hot rollers are, sniff sniff, in storage, I decided I would give them a try. I love them. They are so crazy looking, but really easy to do, now that I have it figured out, but the learning process was a little painful. I put them in Mollie's hair and I love the curls they created. I loved it on my hair as well, but I didn't take any pictures of my hair, maybe next time.



On another note, my mom pulled some dresses out of her storage boxes to show a friend of hers. My girls saw them and went crazy, they fell in love with them and begged me to let them wear them to church. It was funny how many people mentioned it brought back childhood memories. My favorite though was the very young mom who asked where I found the "vintage" dresses. I had to laugh as I told mom made them and I wore them. I guess I just wasn't ready for my childhood to be considered "vintage" ouch.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Hey, that's funny! Elise is wearing MY dress!

Natalie Service said...

Girl - I read your blog but I am the worst at commenting. I'm not afraid to admit it!

You know I have a special place in my heart for Michigan so I am loving your vacation posts.

I also LOVE these hair curler thingys! Way cute! I've let my sisters in on this secret and now we must know where you get them. Love it!

And I really did Laugh Out Loud about the vintage comment! I swear I wore a dress just like the yellow one, only mine was pink. And on Saturday nights, my would put curlers in my hair too, the spungy ones, and I had to be hooked up to a huge hair dryer contraption that needed it's own generator! VINTAGE!

I love you girl! You are one of my favorite people!!!

Jacque said...

I love how they worked on Mollie's hair. I still need to go get some for myself. Are you able to do them on your hair alone? Or do you need some help? That is my concern that I won't be able to figure it out on my own head.

Cassie said...

Your hair was very cute and curly, seriously thought you got a perm. You and your girls always have nice hair do's.

Rachel Durazzani said...

I know I've already said this to you, but seriously, those pictures are adorable. How fun! I love their hair. I need to figure out the curlers thing for Hailey because I love her hair curly.
And I know it's not one of the "vintage" dresses, but I love Ashtynn's outfit, too!