Wow, where has this last week gone? I have been wanting to post about our trip and yet everyday something new makes it so I can't seem to get this done. I will blame work mostly, but I also have spent a few days getting a Snapfish album organized of our trip. At this point in my life scrap booking has taken a back seat and yet it made me very sad to think all of these pictures from our trip would just sit on a disc in my desk. It came today in the mail, and I love it.
I figured I would do a post about Michigan and then add another post about Boston. So here is a little taste of our trip to Michigan. We left Idaho on Saturday the 17th the evening after Tyler's race and drove through the night and through the next day until we hit Cedar Rapids Iowa where we got a hotel. Originally we wanted to get a hotel so the kids could swim and play, but since it was around 11:00 pm when we checked in, we all went right to sleep.

Our fearless leader...

...and his amazing side kick

See, don't they look so happy! Thank heavens for DVD players.

After the all night drive, we stopped in Cheyenne Wyoming to let the kids stretch their legs and let Tyler get a little rest.

The next morning, we got up and headed for Michigan. We arrived Monday evening around 7:00 at Carrie's house. The kids were awesome on the trip, blew us away. Believe it or not, not a single puking incident, that has to be a record.
While we were in Michigan we stayed at their lake house on Handy Lake. It is about 10 minutes from their home and I must say, not a bad set up. The lake is out the back door, with sand to play in and their most recently acquired toys, the jet skis. So much fun. The kids loved being with their cousins and sitting around visiting with Carrie was the best. Of course, it would have been easier to sit around and visit without 9 children hanging around, but how boring would that be.

Tyler and Mollie out on the Jet Ski, she is such a little daredevil, it is hilarious.

And Mollie doing a little Ariel impersonation.

Reagan, cousin Tyler, cousin Karyna and Elise

The 2 babies had such a good time playing on the slide.

This is one of my favorite pictures. The pasty white baby is mine and the tanned sun bathed baby is Carrie's so funny.

Mollie and Tayden

Carrie and me!

Tyler and Ashtynn

The Lake house, view from the water


And the view of the lake from the house
3 comments:
Wow! Looks like a lot of fun. We want to go out and visit so bad. Glad you had a great and safe trip.
Come, come, come! You'd love it. And great post Alicia, so glad you enjoyed it because we did!
Ya, these pictures are cool, I just wish you were still on that drive, because then that would be you were still coming to Boston. I am SO GLAD you made the trip and had a good time. Can't wait to see the Boston post!
Post a Comment