Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Welcome Zander J. Weeks

Kya and Zander J.

My sister Paula and Carl have a new addition to their family and we are so excited about him. He was born early this morning, perfectly healthy and happy. Hopefully, they will be bringing him home early next week so I can meet him. They arrived safely in Colorado a little before their birth mom went in to labor. So, they were there for the delivery, what a blessing. He is 19 1/2 inches long and weighs 6 pounds 3 oz. Kya is thrilled and already mothering him, as Paula says. Anyway, we are really excited and pray for them and his birth parents as this is not an easy time for them, but how grateful our family is for their love and sacrifice and the choice they have made. Keep them in your prayers.

8 comments:

Rachel Durazzani said...

I can't wait to meet him!!!

Carol said...

Love the picture, hope Molly is better.

Ashlee said...

Congrats to Paula! I'm so excited for her.

Montay said...

He is adorable! I love "Zander" What a fun name for a cute boy!

Jacque said...

I cannot wait to meet him! I am so happy they are coming through Provo on their way home!

Cassie said...

that is so sweet! I was wondering if paula had gotten him yet.

Joy said...

How exciting! Isn't life amazing. Glad all are healthy.

Becky said...

Beautiful. I was just reading/crying at all the birth stories mentioned in the ensign this month. I will definitely keep them in my prayers.