Wednesday, October 1, 2008

So much fun

Mollie and I arrived home from Michigan last night and I finally got a chance to post about our trip. It was so good to see Elise, Reagan and Tyler again, but we had such a great time, Carrie is the best hostess and we were spoiled by her and her family. Michigan is beautiful, her home is beautiful, her kids rock and I want to take the rest of my family there someday. Here is a quick run down on our activities.
  • Carrie and Seth picked us up from the Airport Friday evening. Mollie did so well on the flight. She was cute and happy most of the time. She even slept for about a half hour, so that was nice. Thank goodness for portable DVD players.
Carrie and I are only 2 years apart, she is the sister just younger than I am

Saturday, Seth had to leave for a week long business trip in Belgium, so after he left, we headed into Brighton for the Harvest Festival.
Mollie had fun feeding the ducks once she got over the fear that they might eat her.

What a beautiful downtown. The kids played at the park, fed the ducks and bought gourds that were later artistically decorated.
PhotobucketThese kids had such a great time and they doted on Mollie, we both loved it.
Karyna, Mollie, Tayden, Kaylee, and Tyler

  • Sunday we went to church and had the opportunity to meet many of Carrie's friends we have heard so much about. Great people and they were all so welcoming, it was nice. I wish Mollie had cooperated a little more, but she won't even go to Nursery in our own ward, I don't know what else I should have expected.
  • Monday was Carrie's Birthday, (she turned 29, wink, wink) so we spent the day together, talking, goofing off, making a birthday cake, seeing the gorgeous lakes and homes, and did more talking. Loved it. After the kids got home from school we headed out to Spicer Orchards for some playing and raspberry picking. It was amazing. My favorite time of year is the fall and this was the epitome of what I love about fall.
Photobucket
It reminded me of living in Massachusetts, and those were fun memories. Mollie had such a good time and she is quite the berry picker, I was impressed.
That night we had cake and ice cream and stayed up until almost 2:00 am doing more talking.
  • Tuesday we went back into Brighton to do a little shopping and then headed back out to the airport. I can't believe how fast the trip went, but I am so glad I was able to go spend some time with the Cook family. Thank-you guys for a great time, can't wait to do it again.

11 comments:

Carol said...

What a fun time, glad you were able to go. I must say, we are glad to have you back, you were missed.

Carrie said...

Thanks for the post. I haven't even downloaded my pictures yet. But we did have a good time. Thanks for taking the time to come. We already miss you guys!

Natalie Service said...

What a perfect time of year to visit Michigan! Aren't sisters the best?!?!

Amy M. said...

What a fun trip. Michigan looks beautiful- much like new england- I'm getting home sick. Anyhow, I'm glad you both had a great visit. I'll have to come up to MI some time.

Ashlee said...

I bet it was just gorgeous. That area in the fall just bursts with color. So jealous! :0)

Glad you had a great time!

Becky said...

sister visits are the BEST! You guys looked like you had such fun. Always hard to say goodbye!

Rachel Durazzani said...

Looks like a fun trip. Wish I could have come along. How nice to spend even a little bit of all in the east. Man I miss it!

paulak said...

What a great time. I want to go...in the fall...what pretty colors. Ok, nevermind I want to live there and then you can come visit me. I am glad you got to go.

AmyJ said...

It looks gorgeous there! I want to go now. Think your sister would mind?

Shannon said...

WOW, your pictures are gorgeous! I love the fall too. Sounds like so much fun!

Montay said...

Fun Fun Fun I love Fall and you looked like you had a great time! I thought the pictures were postcards until I looked closer WOW!!!