Friday, February 4, 2011

It's gotta be a family

I have to do a blog post about Mollie's obsession with families because I think it is about the sweetest thing I have ever seen. It has been a couple years now since she has been playing this way and I am fascinated that she still continues to organize her toys into families. She first started with all the toys that were one color which might include a pink doll, a pink crayon, pink shoes, pink stamps, whatever, but they would have to all be together. She has done this with spoons, she will gather up spoons of all sizes, plastic, toy, sterling silver, you name it and assign different family roles to them. Of course, the biggest is always the dad and it goes from there. There is always a dad, mom, kids and a baby. It ranges from spoons, to hairbrushes, sticks, pine cones, stuffed animals, crackers, pencils; you name it.

There have been occasions where I will be cleaning and tucked away neatly somewhere I will find one of her little families "put to bed".

For her birthday, she wanted a family of penguins, so she got some from her grandma Larsen and we have added a few since then. Anyway, I think it is adorable and it warms my heart that it is such a focus in her play. Here are a few samplings of her families, I have been collecting pictures of them for a while.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

That is so cute!! Love it.

Montay said...

So fun and cute!

Jacque said...

I love her little families she makes around the house. The best was when she and I were playing with Styrofoam and she made a family out of the little pieces we were breaking off. Love it!

paulak said...

That is awesome!