Monday, February 7, 2011

Winner, winner, chicken dinner, or a set of books

Recently Reagan and his class entered a contest with Scholastic. The prompt was: Draw a picture and write one paragraph explaining what Mike Thayer (author of the Black Lagoon series) would do if he came to your school for a day as if from the black lagoon series? This is what Reagan entered.



(Click on the letter to see it bigger if you want to read it, pretty cool, I think, but I am a little biased, I'm the mom, it's what I do)

There was one Grand Prize winner and then 10 runner's up nationwide. Reagan was one of the 10 runners up, so he won 2 sets of the Black Lagoon book series, one for himself and one for his classroom. We were pretty excited. His teacher took him around the school today to present his story and tell all the classes what he had done. She was pretty proud of him too. She is a phenomenal teacher, and ironically, she was EJ's 4th grade teacher, back in the day.

1 comment:

Jacque said...

So so cool! I am really impressed with that boy. He is so smart and such a thinker.