Thursday, February 10, 2011

Why blog?

I am trying to decide why I blog? Is it for journaling purposes, is it to stay connected with friends and family, is it for feedback in the comments, is it a combination of all of the above or just because blogging is there? I do things and often my first thought is, "I should blog that." Then I think, why, who cares?

When I journal on the Internet is it truly journaling, or do I only put in the pretty stuff? Ya, I keep it pretty, but it's not that I don't want to remember some of the bumps, it's more I don't know who is reading this and I don't know if I want the world to read about everything in my life, that's a scary thought.

So, here is my question, why blog? What's the payback?

5 comments:

Rachel Durazzani said...

For me, it's about connecting with the outside world. Especially on those days when I only talk to my kids (which isn't often since I have so many sisters!) I feel like I'm talking to someone. It's a catharsis, even if I'm not bearing it all. Even if I only post the pretty - which is often what I do. Putting it out there, even if no one reads it, feels good to me.

Montay said...

We all do it for diffrent reasons but I am with you on the I don't want it "ALL" out there for whoever to read I keep telling myself I am going to make a book withit someday Ashlee does that and they are Dang cute and excelent journal/scrapbook ( yea still have not made one) I say if you like it do it if not then its time to stop.

Jacque said...

I have thought the same thing and for me it is both. I love to hear what people will say about Jack or anything I put out there but I also use it for milestones to record. And I don't really use it for journaling, per se, just a written "travel" log of what we are up to. My real thoughts, feelings, struggles are more personal so I have a hand written journal for that. I love your blog so don't stop!

paulak said...

I blog for journaling and to keep my kids' families informed of what is going on and how they are growing. I love sharing all their cuteness and beastly behaviors with their birthfamilies. I tend to put more pretty than not, but I really don't care what people think, so I'll put some struggles on there for journaling and remembering how I got through a tough time.

paulak said...
This comment has been removed by the author.