Monday, June 14, 2010

Why is it that taking Sundays as a day of rest creates the messiest house and most horrible Mondays? Am I the only who faces this? This morning was no different, I woke up to an absolute tornado aftermath of a house. A ton of laundry and messy bedrooms, bathrooms, livings rooms, kitchen etc. I was not such a happy camper and was dreading dealing with it. At this point, getting my kids to straighten their rooms and make their beds is like pulling teeth, and I assumed I would fight with them over that while I attempted to clean the rest of the house and get really angry doing it.

However, a little bit of magic happened. I came across a blog post from a link of some other random food blog that saved my day. It was actually a little like this
Ok, not really, but it was much better than I expected. Check out this blog:

I created my list of everything that needed to be done, assigned points as she suggests and then made my prize list. You should have seen them go, it was awesome. They didn't argue, they simply worked, and asked to do more when they were done. I got to put on my make-up and do my hair whilst my children were cleaning and doing it happily. There were no tears, there wasn't any pouting, and we were done with it all in about 1 hour. I was floored. I took pictures for proof, check these out:
Reagan vacuumed the entire upstairs, his room included.

Elise earned the most points, 20 to be exact, Reagan had 14 and Mollie got 5. Reagan was pretty impressed with Elise, it was cute.

Mollie even got in to it, but after her 5 points and knowing she would get a bag of m&m's she was good and sat down to watch a movie, which I was totally fine with. Go figure.

I then had to run to the store where I spent about $8.00 on candy, but I didn't even care, I would have spent $100 for a morning like we had. Just thought I would pass this on, it made my morning wonderful.

Probably won't do this more than once a couple of weeks so it stays exciting, but that is ok. It was WORTH IT!!!!!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Rachel Durazzani said...

Such a great post! I love the video. And what a good idea. I wish my kids were a little older so we could get started on this. Maybe Matt will get into it. :)
And I love the pictures of the kids in action. That's awesome.

paulak said...

Awesome idea....I am definitely going to use this one. Great pics too.