Saturday, June 5, 2010

Spirit of Twin Falls half-marathon

My parents and I ran in the first annual Spirit of Twin Falls half-marathon. It was awesome. Twin Falls is such a beautiful city and to run along the Canyon rim and get to look at the Perrine Bridge and golf courses in the canyon doesn't get much better. Tyler and the kids showed up to cheer us on at mile 10 and it was such a boost. That was about the point I was ready to see the finish line, so it was a great motivation.
My mom and I ran together, although this picture doesn't really show that. I think she dropped back so I could say hi to the kids. It was awesome to run with her, she was my motivator, no doubt about that.
Tyler and the kids were waiting at the finish line and had roses for me, Elise was more excited about getting to give me the roses than anything else, it was pretty cute.
Notice the medal around my mom's neck, she took first place in the women's 60-69 year old division, can I just say wow. We finished together with a time of 2 hours 26 minutes.

Then there is my dad, he took 2nd in men's division 60-69 and finished in 2 hours 10 minutes. He is such an inspiration, it amazes me. What a blessing to get to run with these 2 heroes in my life.

Here is some video of Mom and I at the finish line.
Photobucket

7 comments:

paulak said...

Wow...that is awesome. I am so bummed that I wasn't there, but I am really glad that you guys did so well and that it was a great race. Way to go all. You forgot to mention that the Anytime Fitness water was your real boost...hahaha. You guys rock!

Carol said...

It was a great 1/2 marathon, very well planned, and as Alicia said the sight past the canyon rim is absolutely beautiful. She had to point it out to me because I was so busy running I just look down and forward. It was fun running with Alicia, we talked the first couple of miles but found we were winded so we listened to our ipods, I would have rather talked, but I couldn't talk and run at the same time. Dad and I have been running together but he is faster than me and he had a goal to set so he went ahead. Alicia and I did well, we seem to hit the same time pretty well.She was a motivator to just keep moving.

Jacque said...

Too TOO cool! I love it. Great pictures and video. Way to go Tyler on the roses...brownie points for you!

Rachel Durazzani said...

Yay! Love these pictures. You all look great! And Tyler, nice roses. That is awesome. Congrats everyone!

Carrie said...

I am in awe. Truly amazing to see you guys! Wish I could have been there at the end to cheer you in!

Amy said...

Alicia CONGRATS!!! Nice job. I am so impressed with you and your parents!! wow that is amazing that they are running like that!!

Natalie Service said...

I LOVE IT!!! YOU ARE AWESOME! a half marathon is a freaking LONG WAY!! And you did it!!! And your parents did it!!! I am so proud of all of you...I get tears thinking about you running with your mom! I LOVE IT!!!