Sunday, November 16, 2008
Thanksgiving
I am bound and determined to not overlook Thanksgiving this year. It is truly one of my favorite holidays, but I don't usually dedicate the whole month of November to it, just a few days. Upon finishing the Halloween crafts and costumes and getting homemade Christmas gifts going, I often feel I have neglected Thanksgiving. So this year, I decided to do a little more with this holiday.
I recently decided to start using my Cricut for Vinyl lettering and I have had a blast. Yesterday I decided to put it to good use with Fall decorating and here is the result. I saw something similar to this at the CSI craft fair last weekend. I have one ready to make for Christmastime, but as I mentioned before I wanted to pay proper homage to the now, so that project can wait!
I also pulled out my little Indian and Pilgrim people I made a few years back at Super Saturday. Elise and Mollie have adopted them as their own families, Mollie the pilgrims and Elise the Indians. I often find them talking to them and today Mollie was sharing her sippie cup with the baby. (Weird, or cute I haven't made up my mind on this one).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Great decorations. Really love that Autumn sign. Do you think we could make a Christmas one for me while I'm home for Thanksgiving?
oh...you are so talented. i don't really have much decorations and it's my favorite holiday too. i love your autumn sign. is it hard to make? you should sell them...
Oh, sooooo cute, you are talented, you are wonderful, you are the best, that is awesome, so neat, I love it. Now, did I gush enough?
Your mom cracks me up. :0) I'm loving the blocks you made! It makes me want to start getting my craft on. :0)
Your definently one to look up to! I'm really not feeling any of the holidays this year and now that it's the 18th it's too late to get the decorations out... I hope rhett's planning on decorating for christmas. Your crafts are way cute! Where did you get the vinyl paper? I also like the pictures on top. Your sister works magic with tht stuff!
I love your crafts! They are so cute. Sorry, I just remembered you asked me about that pumpkin I made. I will try and get the proper instructions for you. Don't ya just love the Cricket. We just made some of those blocks at super saturday in my ward. We stained the blocks and then mod poged cute scrap book paper on them and put the vinyl letters on top, they turned out so cute! I love your autumn blocks though!
Very Crafty! You put me to shame. Love Thanksgiving. Ben get upset with me because nothing related to Christmas can find it's way into out house until after Thanksgiving:)
I love the pilgrim people. They look hungry, maybe you should feed them :) Oh dear it must be getting late.
This picture is SOO Cute. I love that look on Mollie's face!
I love your Autumn Love it
Post a Comment