Monday, January 17, 2011

Vibram (pronounced Vee-brum) Five Fingers


I bought a pair of Vibram Five Fingers today. I feel so granola, but I am so excited to break them in. I have been researching them and reading about them for quite some time and decided it was time. Since there is not a retailer in Twin Falls, we needed to go to either Sun Valley or Boise to get them. Thursday, we jumped in the car and headed to Sun Valley, but alas, it started snowing and we were on a pretty tight time frame to get back before kids got out of school and so we turned around 30 minutes out. I was so sad, but it was the right decision.

Well, since today was MLK day, Tyler had the day off and kids were in school, so we took the 2 little girls and headed to Boise for the day. First stop REI. I tried on three different sizes and finally found the right ones and they fit like a glove, literally.

They are so weird looking, but if I can avoid shin splints, stress fractures, numb toes, and any other ailment I have dealt with, I don't care how they look. Funny story, while trying them on, I asked Mollie, so do you think these look weird and she looked at them and said "No, I like them." Just then an older lady walked by, stopped, looked at my feet and said, "They do look weird, tell the truth." Mollie looked right at her and said, "No they don't" and continued playing. You go girl! That's my Mollie.

Since you are supposed to "ease" into them slowly, Tyler and I went for a walk/run tonight. I really like them, so comfortable. It was really fun, I'll keep you posted on how they work.

5 comments:

Rachel Durazzani said...

So, so, so excited for you! I hope they help. I am sure they will. And go for Mollie for sticking to her guns!

amy stansel said...

wow alicia keep us posted on how you like them. I'm very curious!! I hope it helps!! Happy running!!

Ashley said...

Wow, those things are crazy! Very cool--interested to see how they work for you!

Carol said...

Alicia, they are cool and so are you. Very impressed with your diligence in running and the research you have done to help with your shin splints. You also look amazing.

julie said...

Very cool. I want to see them in person! Can't wait to hear how they work for you.