Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas 2010

We had such a wonderful Christmas. We have done Christmas with just our little family the last 3 or 4 years, but were fortunate enough to spend Christmas with Jacque, Mark and Jack, EJ and Ashley and my parents. It was really fun. I was a little worried it would be too chaotic and that my children would um...dominate the morning, but they were awesome.

We did our traditional Gingerbread houses on the last day of school. So much fun and yes, I glued graham crackers together, don't judge me. I used to bake my own, but then I had 4 kids and realized hot glue and graham crackers still make them smile.

My mom, who rocks, organized a few fun activities while everyone was home. First of all, she took all of the girls to a day spa for either a massage, pedicure or facial, our choice. It was awesome, I went with the massage and it was so much fun. We got there early and spent some fun pampering time in the serenity room where we enjoyed glasses of Martinellis prior to our treatments. (Sorry, I forgot to take my camera so no pictures).

The next day we went to the Humanitarian Center where we spent time packing hygiene kits top be shipped all over the world. The kids were so into it and really had fun serving. We completed well over 200 kits. Loved this. Then my parents took us all out to dinner, awesome!
Kya and Mollie were so intense, it was really fun to watch as they packed combs and toothbrushes

The kids were asked to bring a toy to donate and they all thought this was pretty cool.

Christmas Eve, all of the above mentioned people and Paula and Carl and their family got together for the traditional dinner of clam chowder and egg nog. So yummy. Tyler and I put together the Christmas Eve program having the kids act out the nativity while we all sang Christmas songs which ended with Tyler singing O Holy Night. (Man, I love that he has the most amazing voice, so hot!).
The girls in their Christmas Pajamas from Grandma

Our Nativity; Reagan as Joseph, Elise as Mary, Jackson as Baby Jesus, Zander as a Wiseman, Mollie as a sheep, Kya as a cow, and Ashtynn, the Angel

Tyler singing for our listening pleasure.


Kids went to bed, all of us sleeping in the basement living room and then awoke to a fun morning. Santa was very generous and the kids were thrilled with their gifts. Tyler spoiled me, as usual, and he was pretty happy to finally have TiVo, I know, amazing we have now joined the TiVo world. It took us long enough, hahaha. We were spoiled and felt very loved by both my parents and Tyler's parents, you guys all rock! Thank-you.

Kids attempting to wake Tyler up, so funny as he torments them by refusing to get out of bed.

Grandma to the rescue as the girls were overly anxious to get up the stairs. (I love this picture)

Reagan's enthusiasm for breaking through the wrapping paper to see the tree cracks me up, with Elise hot on his tail followed up by the little girls.

Ashytnn spent the whole morning throwing the orange "balls" around.

Elise asked for Grandpa's help passing out the presents.


Ashytnn's reaction to this doll was priceless, so cute and was so worried every time it cried.


Mollie could hardy sit still all morning, bounced around the room the entire time we were opening gifts.

Santa came through for Reagan, all he wanted was the Wii game Super Smash Brother's Brawl, he was a happy boy.

What a blessing to spend this holiday with family again. Thanks everyone for a wonderful day!

4 comments:

Jacque said...

Great pictures! Man it was good to spend so much time at home. Although it is nice to be in my own space, I am sitting here really missing visiting and playing games with everyone or running out shopping with you. Thanks for a great vacation! Your kids were so fun!

julie said...

What awesome shots of your kids' faces! I love it!

Carol said...

Great recap of Christmas, it was a good time.

Cassie said...

Nice halo on Reagan!