Sunday, December 7, 2008

Larsen Family Talent Show

On Thanksgiving, the Larsens held a family talent show. This is something pretty cool. The Larsens are beautiful singers and so it was fun to get to enjoy them all share their talents. I didn't get the whole evening on tape, but a small sampling which you can find below. Elise wanted to do I Have a Dream from Mamma Mia. I got the sheet music and we started practicing, but she decided she would rather do it with the CD, so we have ABBA as back-up. I wanted to post that video, but the sound is such that it is hard to hear anything but ABBA. Reagan played a primary song, Follow the Prophet, and Tyler and his dad sang the Bing Crosby, David Bowie Christmas song, Peace on Earth which is one of my favorite songs. So here you go. (Please forgive the accompaniment, old piano and I get very nervous in front of people) Enjoy!

8 comments:

Carol said...

Love the song, will Tyler sing at our family get-together?

Shannon said...

How fun, Love the video!

Rachel Durazzani said...

Wow! I love that. I'm serious, I got teary-eyed when Tyler came in with "Peace on earth". He has an amazing voice. Thanks for sharing!

Ashlee said...

I'll bet that Elise did awesome. :0) She picked a great song.

paulak said...

Very nice. I love hearing people sing, maybe just envious that I can't. That was beautiful.

Cassie said...

Hey Alicia, Rhett and I are doing our own thing this year, we will come down late Christmas afternoon. What are your plans? Thanks to my mom for helping me with this contest were doing, she has decided that my theme is gingerbread house. She will be here for Rhett's graduation the weekend before the judging to help set it all up. Thank goodness for mother's right? See ya!

Becky said...

That was so fun to see. Thanks for posting that Alicia. What beautiful voices. I wish that I could sing. You did great at the piano too.

Britani said...

Fun to relive that night again. This was nice and you have no reason to appologise for the piano playing. You did wonderful!!! Eli can't stop listening to it and singing RUM PUM PUM over again and then asking "Where's Eli?" everytime.