Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Spudman, Camping and 1/2 Marathons

I haven't posted on some of the latest things we have been doing, so I decided to combine them into one big post. So here we go...

Burley Spudman Triathlon: July 26th
Tyler competed for the 4th year in a row in the Burley Triathlon. He did awesome and it was so much fun to watch. This year, however, he only did a biathlon, as the swimming portion of his race was canceled. Tragically a gentleman in the wave ahead of Tyler, drown during his swim. In over 20 years, this was the first time this has happened here and so it was pretty sobering. The race officials decided to cancel the swim portion for the last wave.
He is so stinkin' cute!

As you can see, they were in the water, ready to go and then were called back while they sent in divers trying to rescue the swimmer.

He did fantastic on the bike and run though.


Larsen Men Camping/Fishing Trip: July 31st-August 2nd
Tyler put together a camping/fishing trip for all of the men/boys in the Larsen family. Reagan got to go and they had such a great time. (Thanks Garth for the picture below)They went up to Yellow Belly lake, didn't catch anything, but had fun and got really dirty. The girls of the Larsen family stayed home, got pedicures, watched movies and got our copies of Breaking Dawn. Love it!!!!! I am proud to call her my cousin, nice work Stephenie! (No pictures of the girls as we all sent our cameras with the men!)

Looking good Reagan.

Provo River Half Marathon: August 9th
Yesterday my mom, Rachel and I ran in the Provo River 1/2 Marathon. It was awesome. What a gorgeous run and even though I am feeling every muscle in my legs today, it was worth it.
Rachel, Mom and Me

Tyler was there at the end waiting for me, I loved it! In fact, he and my dad were waiting at a corner right after mile marker 11 and seeing them gave me that little burst of energy I needed to finish.
This was 2 miles from the end, and I was pretty elated to see Tyler.

12 comments:

Amy said...

congrats on running your half marathon. I can't believe your mom did it too Wow that is impressive!!

Rachel Durazzani said...

Yay! Thanks so much for doing this with me. You are a rock star! Love you girl!

Ashlee said...

You guys are crazy! :0) But way to go! I could never do it. I don't enjoy running one bit. :P

Carrie said...

You have been busy. Sounds like lots of fun, all except the running, biking, swimming, and camping parts! :)

Montay said...

looks like a athletic summer you are having go girl you skinny little thing

Montay said...

looks like a athletic summer you are having go girl you skinny little thing

paulak said...

Busy, Busy! I am so proud of you guys, you rock. I definitely want to be in on the next one. Sorry I missed it. But you guys rock!

Holly said...

You guys are the best! Way to go! That is so nice of Tyler to cheer for you at mile 11...

julie said...

You guys all look great!

AmyJ said...

Uh. All that running. I'm exhauasted just reading it. Great job!

Shannon said...

You guys do defintely rock! What a fun, eventful summer.

Becky said...

Alicia, thanks for your comment on my blog. It's been really, really hard but I know that time will heal. Please say thank you to Melanie to, she left a comment but I don't know how to reach her. I saw she started a blog - tell her to get on that!:) I love reading about all your adventures in your running with family. SO COOL!